• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebay sponsored hutch smash - bunny lovers please support us!

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Having read Louise's threads and visited her sanctuary the other weekend I have set up a sponsored "Smash the rabbit hutch" on ebay to try and help raise some finances for Hopper Haven. Please visit the auction and encourage your friends to do so too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230025592693

If everyone on this forum had a go we'd raise £4752!! Think Louise would be able to get all her baby buns sorted for that!!

The two rabbits were rescued today; they were bought to be bred but Hubby is now "indisposed" and his wife didn't want to look after them. Jerry is 6 months but Jenny only 3 so keeping fingers crossed she is too young to be pregnant. They were being kept in this hutch under the stairs, Jerry was allowed out sometimes, but Jenny wasn't as she ate wires.

With so many stories like this one I wanted to try and do something practical for Louise who is trying to make a difference to rabbits lives and, as all of us know, Vets are getting increasingly expensive and in rescue situations this is often the first place the buns need to go. If we could all put just £1.50 towards the costs it would all mount up! Thanks

That's a great idea! Have you thought about trying to get some media coverage for the actual smash? I bet they'd like that - start with the local press as obviously it's a local rescue, but if you get really good take up on the ebay auction, you could go wider :wink: Might be worth getting one of these threads put in the new 'fundraising' section of this website too??

Thanks for the ideas AlisonA. Have pm'd to ask if I can put it on the fundraising section - just waiting to hear :D

Sorry, me again :lol: :lol: I'd suggest on the ebay ad, if it lets you, to link straight to this page http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Sat...bbitsPetCare&marker=1&articleId=1154077763133 rather than to the RSPCA main page, as it's quite a palava to find the information from the homepage so people might not bother. This page starts off straight away with the hutch size information (maybe even add the hutch size stuff to the auction info?) so people who found the auction by looking for a hutch, are taken straight to the relevant advice??

AlisonA said:
That's a great idea! Have you thought about trying to get some media coverage for the actual smash? I bet they'd like that - start with the local press as obviously it's a local rescue, but if you get really good take up on the ebay auction, you could go wider :wink: Might be worth getting one of these threads put in the new 'fundraising' section of this website too??

Eek I am bad enough about having my pic taken without the press there :shock: Thats it you'll have to smash it yourself Chloe. Or maybe Tilly can do it.
tilly.jpg

So far we have made about £62.00 :cry: I'm really disappointed as I thought more people would want to get behind us and get these baby bunnies neutered. The money raised so far will cover the cost of 2 and Louise currently has in excess of 31 :?

I will be having more goes, but waiting for more funds at the mo :oops:

Come on everyone else!!!!! Just £1.50 - nothing really - to help out buns like this:

DSC_0090.jpg

Back