• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which combination????

rachael1969

Warren Scout
:?:

Hello!

What is the best combination of bunnies to get? Two males, two females, a boy and a girl.......?

I've read so much info on the net but i'd really like your opinions. I want to get two bunnies but i want to get it right first time!

Thank you

xx

Hi :D Where in Yorkshire you from? I gre up in Huddersfield :D

Most people belive it's best to get a male/female pair to live together -but obviously they need to be neutered/spayed to avoid any unwanted additions.

Are you getting them from a Rescue? Many Rescues have bonded pairs, or you can choose 2 singles & they will bond them for you. This way they are already (usually neutered, possibly vaccinated) & you won't have any of the stress of trying to get them together yourself :D

2 un-neutered boys will usually fight, & 2 unspayed girlies will often fight when they hit their teens (3-6months of age). Some people on here have same sex pairs though & it works fine - I have a bonded group of 7 :D

I have a neutered boy/girl pair and have only ever tried to bond this type of pairing. I have found it fairly painless to be honest with this type of pairing.
I also have a neutered boy pair who are brothers and were bonded before they came to me.

Hi angie,

Just PM'd you by accident - hope you dont mind!

I live in Bradford but have family in Huddersfield - whereabouts did you grow up??

do you have alot of bunnies needing homes at your rescue?

Rachael xx

rachael1969 said:
Hi angie,

Just PM'd you by accident - hope you dont mind!

I live in Bradford but have family in Huddersfield - whereabouts did you grow up??

do you have alot of bunnies needing homes at your rescue?

Rachael xx

PM'd you back :D
I don't have a Rescue, just temporary buns, that I'm hoping to persuade Rescues to help me re-home (Hi Jill/Angie :wave: ). But my babies won't be ready for a while cos need neutering :D

You could try Bunnymadhouse on here - she's in Barnsley or Sues Rabbit Rescue In Dewsbury. There's a Bradford one too - The Bunny Camp is it??

Back