• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dakota - before and after pictures --- UPDATE: chiropractor

LurcherGirl

Mama Doe
Dakota came into GBH rescue in a terrible state... very urine stained and extremely thin. This is what she looked like after a couple of weeks in rescue... still very quiet, scared and scruffy looking:

FrenchLop.jpg

About four weeks later, I adopted her. She had put on weight and looked better... but still urine stained... She looked a lot brighter though and felt much better too.

Dakota260706r.jpg

And look at her now... she is as bright as a button, loves running around in the room, her fur is almost white now (although her feet are yellow at times because she likes to lie down in the litter box...) and she has put on much more weight. Just a little further to go until she is in perfect condition! She is also turning out to be a fabulous character... very nosy and loves a good cuddle. When I first met her, she hated being picked up and struggled really badly. Now she tolerates it well and was actually sitting on my lap last night for quite a while quite happy and content.

Dakota0806-8.jpg

Dakota0806-9.jpg

Dakota0806-5.jpg

Dakota is going to see my chiropractor tomorrow as her left hind leg is sticking out a little. It doesn't bother her or cause any discomfort at all, but I would just like to know why and whether there is anything that can or needs to be done.

Vera

Awwww she is lovely :D

Martha's leg is wonky too as a result of injuries from a BRC ring. If you have a look at the skin on the effected leg just below the hock you might see a scar in the shape of a ring. If so it may be that, like with Martha, the ring has damaged the nerves.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Awwww she is lovely :D

Martha's leg is wonky too as a result of injuries from a BRC ring. If you have a look at the skin on the effected leg just below the hock you might see a scar in the shape of a ring. If so it may be that, like with Martha, the ring has damaged the nerves.

Janex
My chiropractor found an old injury on Dakota's leg, there is a thickening on the bone just above the hock. Could have been a BRC ring causing an injury, she may have had it broken at some point and not set properly... My chiropractor has done some work on her, reset her pelvis which was twisted and done some soft tissue work too.
She is going back to see her in two weeks to see whether there is an improvement. We don't know whether there will be, but hopefully we can at least prevent further damage caused by the imbalance of her leg.

Vera

Back