• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

climbing rabbit!

gil

Mama Doe
Hi
yesterday i discovered that one of my rabbits can climb! was renewing the roof over the hutch area of the run which i've enclosed with a sort of larch lap fence, about 1.5m high. one of my rabbits climbed this using the very small ledges to literally scramble up before sitting on top of her hutch! has anyone else seen this sort of behaviour? i was quite impressed with her agility! i used to think she jumped up but now i know she climbs! will need to get her a rucksack i think! :D

Be warned, my climbing Rabbit, Lord Lopsley had to be rescued from the neighbours conservatory ROOF last week.. :shock: :roll:

Janex

madeline loves to climb everything, she climbs up the mesh in the run like you would expect a hamster, but when shes out playing freely in the garden she sits on top of the run by jumping from the patio to the run. She also has a little hidaway inside the run which even in the rain she refuses to go inside, just sits on top. Her mission in life is to get to the top of EVERYthing. Its strange because I know other rabbits that never bother climbing or jumping anything.

Jack's-Jane said:
Be warned, my climbing Rabbit, Lord Lopsley had to be rescued from the neighbours conservatory ROOF last week.. :shock: :roll:

Janex

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Is this the bun that swings from washing lines as well Jane?? :lol:

my rex Enya can climb. she couldnt get the run up to even attempt the chain link fence..so she climbed it! :shock:

Yup, my husband told me Shadow had gone over the 6ft fence round our garden and I didn't believe him til I saw her go. She just ran / climbed using the corner and the ridges to get up! I would have been impressed if I hadn't spent the next half hour trying to get her back from the alotment she'd escaped into. :roll:

glad to read that others are having similar issues with climbing rabbits! luckily their run is enclosed completely so they can't escape when i'm out at work! they do get the chance to have sometime in the garden so i will have to watch to check she doesn't start climbing the garden fence and into our neighbours gardens!
now that i've fixed the run roof, the other rabbit Lola has now started climbing up the same bit! :D honestly there is only about 6-10 inches of space between the top of the hutch and the run roof!

I'm wondering if this is how Colin is escaping from his pen?

I thought maybe he was jumping, but it seemed an awful high jump for such a little bunny. It's made of panels from the Argos bathroom storage thing , so I guess it's possible he is climbing as I've not seen him do it yet (he waits until I go out of the room)...

He landed into Mia's earlier and she stuck her head under his chin to be licked, so I guess I'm not gonna have any trouble bonding them lol..

I've put the lid off the run over his pen for now, should keep him in.

Back