• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

canceling a vet appointment at the last minute

bexn2kids

Warren Scout
hey all i have booked a vet appointment for thumper tomorrow to get his claws clipped and also to have a general check over , but one of my children is now ill been sick all day and i really cant take her out tomorrow and i have no one to look after the kids or take thumps to the vets for me, do you think it would be ok to ring in the morning to rearange the appointment ?? i have neverbeento the vets before so not sure of there policy ?? the appointment is at 9.40 am i can ring as soon they open would that be ok tc luv becks xx

I'd have thought it would be fine - I'd have thought they'd have people ringing up first thing in the morning for appointments that they have delayed over the weekend, so it'll be snapped up I'm sure. Ring as soon as they open though to get maximum chance of someone being able to use the slot.

Depends on the vet, some people make you pay something if you cancel at the last min. Im sure yours will understand that it was unavoidable. val

I'm sure they won't mind. Mine normally charge only if you don't let them know. Like Alison said, I'm sure there's someone who will need an emergency appointment on a Monday morning.

My vets always say to me, that it's better to make an appointment and cancel if I don't need it, than not make one and phone at the last minute and hope that they have space.

Back