• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help

mitsy

New Kit
my little bun has been out in the garden as i thought he would like more space to hop around in. I have been doing this for about 3 days now(not including yesterday coz the weather was not good)

anyway, i went to see him this morning to have morning cuddles to find a runny poo in his hutch.. we took it out and clean his toilet part out as he had wee`d a bit more than normal.
he has been running around this afternoon and he took a tomatoe of my boyfriend`s plant and was munching on that.
i put him away after a couple of hours.. went out.. came back and went to talk to him to find he had done another runny poo
i am really really worried that he has eaten leaves off that plant and i have just read that they are poisonus.. i am so worried.. he is still eating and drinking.
am i over reacting.. any help would be great x

I would just feed your Bun good quality hay and fresh water for 24 hours.
However, if he is a BABY Bun he should see the Vet ASAP.
Has he done some normal currant-like poos aswell as the runny poo?
Is he behaving normally? If you have a probiotic like Avipro or Bio-Lapis it would be a good idea to add it to his drinking water.
You could also offer him some WASHED Blackberry leaves aswell as the hay. Blackberry leaves are astringent and make the guts less of a 'favourable' environment for 'bad bacteria' to multiply.

Janex

By runny do you mean watery diaherah or sqidgy dark poops that look like sqashed grapes? If it's the first I'd call a vet now if it's the second do as Jane describes and feed lots of hay and keep a close eye on him.

Tam

thanx.. he has done some normal poo`s.. when i was looking at it earlier some of it was runny but had small hardish bits in it x

Back