• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I know I'm doing the right thing...

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
But it feels wrong to give up Wiffles and Whistler :cry: :oops: :oops: :?

I know they're going to a fabulous home with two mummies to spoil them crazy :D

Maybe I'm not cut out for rescue and rehoming, although its all I've ever wanted to do :? :oops:

I've just got to convince myself its the right thing to do :oops:

Aww, you are doing the right thing - but I'm not surprised you feel sad to see them go as they are both so gorgeous! :D

Just think how many more bunnies you could save. :wink:

The Right Thing

I would think very carefully if you are doing something which' feels wrong' to you. I had to home-on 3 of my boar piggies (I had rescued them, and new I couldn't keep them), but hard as that was, it always felt the right thing to do (I searched a very long time to find just the right place for them). It may be important for you not to regret in the future.

Sorry if it isn't helpful, but I think I know what you mean about something feeling 'wrong'.

Kind regards from Sue

ITS REALY DIFFICULT SOMETIMES BUT YOU HAVE TO THINK THAT YOU CANT KEEP THEM ALL .

I WAS REALY UPSET WHEN I LET ARCHIE BUN AND MINTO GO . IT WAS HEARTBREAKING BUT IM SO GLAD I DID AS I KNOW THEY ARE MUCH HAPPIER WHERE THEY ARE THAN IF THEY WERE STILL HERE .

ANGIE

Gem I know its hard as i foster too- only recently bunns, but cats for a while and I just think that if I kept them then i wouldn't be able to help any more...think you need to look at it from a positive point of view, of what a lovely life they will have in their new home and future buns you will be able to foster x

I think there's a difference between a 'bad feeling' about a homecheck and a 'sad feeling' about letting buns that you have grown attached to, go. You wonder how they're going to settle, and you feel that you understand all their little ways, and the new owner, however wonderful, has to start at the beginning with them. I always feel really empty and depressed when they go, and then feel really 'omg what have I done' when I take another one.

I agree that if you get a 'bad feeling' at a homecheck, that's probably a good sign that either this isn't a home you'd want to give a rabbit to, or maybe it's just that it's not right for the particular rabbit they have in mind. Not quite sure how you articulate to someone that your guts are telling you not to rehome to them, though!

It sounds as if this one is a sad, not a bad feeling :wink:

Back