• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Need Your Help With A Big Mission! Please Read!

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Right guys!

BunnyHops rescue (run by Kayj) has asked me to help with some fundraising for a new garage for the buns. The garage will have hutches in there along with runs so that the rescue can be expanded, and therefore helping more bunnies in need! :D

I know that Kayj runs a fab rescue and all her buns are truely loved and looked after, so for her to expand will be a huge help to all those bunnies in need out there.

Kay is looking at early spring for it to all come together and the garage to be built. For this to happen, we are looking to raise around £1,500.

There are a few ideas floating around but we would really like your input to see what YOU would like to do so that we can raise the money needed.

The quiz night went well and something where we could all get together would be good. However, I know that a couple of people said that it was hard to mingle on the quiz night, so perhaps something social would be good?! What do you think :?:

Tree, is there anything the hoppers can do to help? :?: :?:

Can I also add that this is the first time EVER that Kay has asked for help for the rescue. All other times, the money for the rescue has come out of her own pocket and Kay has never asked for anything. Whenever hoppers have been there or we have been round to see the bunnies, she has always provided us with good cuppas and good food and always welcomes us into her home. This is why I would like to help her all the more! :D

If you have any idea's please let me know. Runnyrabbit (Karen) will also be helping with this too :D

Please guys, lets see if we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

PS. With Christmas coming up, it's an opportunity to do something fun!!! :D Something like Christmas Kareoke perhaps?! :wink:

Ohhh Christmas karaoke!! I like that idea! :thumb: I think that'd be loads of fun :D

Really hope we can raise enough money for Kay :D :D

I'm in :D :D :D

Don't have any ideas ,but am willing to join in with others can put some cash to one side for a worthy cause :p

Ok - shoot me down in flames, but I had an idea the other day (small one tho).

I regularly go on trackdays in me MR2 to circuits around the country.
If anyone on here would be up for it, I could advertise which track i'm going to, and offer passenger laps for, say 20 quid a pop, and donate it all to rescues.

There is also a possibility of getting passenger laps with my friend, Lauren, who took part in Formula Woman (I was in FW too, but got kicked out in the eliminations :lol: ) who is much more skilled than me, and a right hooligan ;) to do laps too maybe.

So anyone want to have the living bejasus scared out of them? or more cunning - family, friends and children ;) :lol:

Dunno - probably not a flyer, but i'd be more than happy to take people out (I regularly do anyway :))

woodstock said:
Ok - shoot me down in flames, but I had an idea the other day (small one tho).

I regularly go on trackdays in me MR2 to circuits around the country.
If anyone on here would be up for it, I could advertise which track i'm going to, and offer passenger laps for, say 20 quid a pop, and donate it all to rescues.

There is also a possibility of getting passenger laps with my friend, Lauren, who took part in Formula Woman (I was in FW too, but got kicked out in the eliminations :lol: ) who is much more skilled than me, and a right hooligan ;) to do laps too maybe.

So anyone want to have the living bejasus scared out of them? or more cunning - family, friends and children ;) :lol:

Dunno - probably not a flyer, but i'd be more than happy to take people out (I regularly do anyway :))

Can I come even if we don't do it for the rescue!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I went racing in Wigan at the 3 sisters race track, one of the best days of my life!!!!! :D :D

How about an indoor picnic in a hall somewhere? An outdoor one would of course be better, but not in this weather!! :roll:
Nicola x

I'd love to help! For ages I've been meaning to sell off a lot of old stuff I no longer need on ebay, I know not everyone has an ebay account, but is there some way us with a load of stuff we don't want and an ebay account, we could sell it and all proceeds go to the rescue, maybe we would have to do it individually...with a footnote or some sort of html layout that promotes the cause....I'm not sure as I haven't got used to ebay yet, so have no idea if this is a crappy idea! :oops: :lol:

Oh and if we want to donate money, how do we go about it? :oops:

Beebop said:
I'd love to help! For ages I've been meaning to sell off a lot of old stuff I no longer need on ebay, I know not everyone has an ebay account, but is there some way us with a load of stuff we don't want and an ebay account, we could sell it and all proceeds go to the rescue, maybe we would have to do it individually...with a footnote or some sort of html layout that promotes the cause....I'm not sure as I haven't got used to ebay yet, so have no idea if this is a crappy idea! :oops: :lol:

Oh and if we want to donate money, how do we go about it? :oops:

Cool :D We were thinking about something after Xmas too so that people can raffle off all their unwanted xmas pressies!!!

If you would like to donate, please contact kayj :D

Hiya Laura

How you doing.

Things have been a bit silly here for the last few days (as you can imagin) but you now have my full attention. lol

I'll pm you later.

Karen x

runnybabbit said:
Hiya Laura

How you doing.

Things have been a bit silly here for the last few days (as you can imagin) but you now have my full attention. lol

I'll pm you later.

Karen x

Ok mate, don't worry, just give me a shout when you can :D

loopylop said:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=29602

Any opinions on this folks?! :D

Thats a fab idea and i would love to join in with that

Also maybe do an online auction where people donate items and cover the p&p (so generally light things) and all the profits go to the rescue

Thank You. I am really overwhelmed with all your offers of help, you will never know how much I and the Rescue appreciate it. I will be able to help a hell of alot more buns and it will be all thanks to you guys.

Tamsin,
Thank you so much for your donation on behalf of RR

Thank you all again for you help

I'm donating half my profits from the sale of my christmas cards, when I get them on sale :wink:

what about a photo competition on the forum? different categories like
- the cutest baby bun
- the golden oldie
- best friends
- non bunny

to enter you pay 50p/£1 per photo and ask members of the forum to donate small token prizes. see if you can find someone independant to judge it. i know another forum that raised about £1000 just with this

UPDATE:

As well as other idea's, we have started to organise this.....

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=29627

The little man should be arriving with me next week :D To begin his journey!

I will introduce him properly when he arrives here with some pics for everyone :D

To book him, please PM me :D He has been booked for 2 weeks already.

A full post with details will follow when that is organised :D

I spoke to Laura last night and have said that we are going to have Rudy as the Bunny Hop Rescue Mascot. I have asked Laura to send a pic of her Rudy out with Roving Rudy so everyone who as him can take a pic with the the bear looking as if he is holding it as I would like to put all the pics in a frame in my new Garage to show everybody at what lengths a rabbit will go to just to get a forever home they deserve.

Thank you all once again, I can't begin to tell you all how Thankful I am
Kayxxxxx

I will pm Laura my paypal account for anyone who wants to pay by paypal

Good luck with the fundraising Kay. I've sent you a pm with one idea and I'll be racking (sp?) my brains trying to think of some more.

Back