• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those of you with numerous buns/piggies....

Veronica

Mama Doe
Hiya peeps.

For those of you who have many buns and or piggies....how do you house them? I'd love to see piccies of your housing.

Just wondering how you have your housing set up for cleaning/maintaining etc.

Please post your pics (both indoor and outdoor :D )

Thanks

i have just lots of the normal cages for my 9 indoor guineas, the 6 girls have 2 cage bases (no top on) with a ramp between, dont hav pics yet sorry, ill try get some.

runcompfive.jpg

runcompone.jpg

enclos7.jpg

I could tell you (photobucket is too slow on dialup)....but you wouldn't like it :)

Pigs are in what used to be my living room (now in what used to be my bedroom - I sleep on a bed-settee now) - hutches and cages fill the 18'x10' room, with a large run in the middle for them (plus all the hay and feed, megazorb sacks etc - it ain't pretty :roll: )

4 bunnies in a 5x8 shed, containing a patio chair (much used) a wooden hidey box (occasionally used - more often they sit on the roof) and 3 huge litter trays with mzorb and hay in - they like to sit 4 in a box and munch :)

3 hutch bunnies in 3 hutches (hutch over run type), all leading directly onto the fenced in patio, including the shed, so I never have to carry bunnies or have problems fetching them in - and all right by the back door so it's easy to look after them. The hutches are completely bare inside except for 2 big litter trays (one in the top, one in the bottom) containing mzorb and hay, and a water dish. Very easy to clean. In fact the rabbits are a doddle compared to the piggies - how do such tiny things pee so much? :roll:

But yeah - it is a mess - children and animals don't make the cover of Ideal Homes magazine :? If I stare at a book or the telly I hardly notice! :D Well OK, it does cause me pain and make me feel slightly queasy, but such is life....

All the bunnies except porky live in a 14ft x15ft summerhouse
In these puppy pens
1026.jpg

1045.jpg

The piggies are in a 5ft two tier hutch
I also have outdoor runs which are set up all the time

Picture448.jpg

Picture435.jpg

Picture434.jpg

HAVENT GOT ANY INSIDE PICCIES ILL DO SOME. THE FIRST PICCIE SHOWS HOW THE RABBITS ARE HIDDEN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE GARDEN BY PLANTS SO MY NEIGHBURS CARNT MOAN LOL. ON THE LEFT BEFOR YOU GO THROUGH THE ARCH IS THE OLD AIVARY THIS IS THE STORE FOR SUPPLIES. NEXT IS THE 12X 18 SHED ACROSS THE BACK WITH RUNS AT THE FRONT. tHIS IS FOR MY RABBITS. nEXT PICCIE NOT GOOD BECAUSE ITS AT AN ODD ANGLE BUT THERES A SIDE VIEW OF THE RESCUE SHED THATS 10X 20. tHERE ARE SOME BIG CAGES ON THE OTHER SIDE OUT DOORS FOR MY HARES. VAL
Picture631-1.jpg

Picture632.jpg

these two are from either end of the rescue shed

Please keep these piccies coming, it's really inspiring to see how everyone keeps their furries :D

Now where to put that extra shed .......... :lol:

Back