• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what size dog crate would be subtle for a dwalf lop ??

bexn2kids

Warren Scout
hey all i need to get thumper my dwalf lop a bigger cage and i was looking at a dog crate but am not sure what sort of size would a 30 inch one be ok ?? or do i need to get bigger ?? tc luv becks xx

Personally id get as big as you can. I think a 30" would be a bit small, thats less than 3 foot in length.
A 48 or 42 if u dont have enough space for biggest, would be ok as long as they get time out of the cage to run around too tho. I have a playpen attached to mine so they get more space when im at work or asleep. With a 42 or 48" one you would also have space to add a shelf if you wanted to. :wink:

I have a 36" dog cage for my medium sized rabbit and have fitted a shelf across half of it. The cage seems big enough for her for the amount of time she is in there (some nights and for a few hours in the day) - she can lie stretched out in it and there's room for a littertray and hidy area. I used argos cubes to make a 4' by 3' attached run, so she almost always has more space than just the dog cage.

Hope this helps

Diddeen said:
Personally id get as big as you can. I think a 30" would be a bit small, thats less than 3 foot in length.
A 48 or 42 if u dont have enough space for biggest, would be ok as long as they get time out of the cage to run around too tho. I have a playpen attached to mine so they get more space when im at work or asleep. With a 42 or 48" one you would also have space to add a shelf if you wanted to. :wink:

I agree!

Is your dwarf lop fully grown yet?

My dwarf is pretty big and is in a 48" (the cage was advertised for a doberman dog :lol: ) and I still like her out more than in the cage. At least in there she can stretch and still have loads of room :D

i think it really depends how much time she'll get out of the cage...but do go for the biggest one possible.

I have a 42 inch one and have just brought another 36 inch one (would have preferred bigger but brought it 2nd hand).

When i was out at work all day any bun had to be locked inside the 42 inch one all day and i would so guilty, because it really isn't much space....so now solve the problem by leaving the door open with a pen round (can make one for £7.99 with the argos storage cubes if you can get hold of any.) I'll do the same with the 36 inch one.

Back