• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new addition

Camellia

Warren Scout
She's an 8 yr old rabbit who ended up in the shelter as the result of a seizure.

She's been there for a few weeks, I decided if she doesn't find a home within a month or so I would adopt her - Her story broke my heart :(

She's spent her years living in the corner of a backyard, in a cage that she couldn't move in. She couldn't stand up, couldnt turn around without pulling herself around with her front paws on the sides of the cage (Which is why her front paw claws were short, but her back ones were terribly over grown) Apparently she was in quite a few inches deep of rabbit urine/droppings, and they said they couldnt do anything about it because she growled at them when they tried.

Well no duh :roll: What kind of sick minded person would think a rabbit would be anything but grumpy in a horrible cage like that, unsheltered from weather extremes.

I was informed no one had shown any interest in this beauty :( I couldn't let her live what remaining years she has left in the shelter - She's never known a good life, there is no way I could have left her.

Her name is Kamea which means "precious one" ----- She truly is a little (big :p ) Treasure. She is quite a big girl.

Here's some pictures:
kamead1.jpg

kamead12.jpg

kamead13.jpg

Size comparison between her and my boy Kippes
kamkip.jpg

kamkip1.jpg

Size comparison between her and my dog Keetah (chinese crested) It was tough to get one, keetah is terrified of this bunny lol :roll:
kameakeetah.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/BelovedBunnies/Kamea/kameakeetah1.jpg

Kamea watching keetah run away after I let her off her stay command :p
kamead15.jpg

kameajazz.jpg

Between Kamea and Jasper (A little larger than the average border collie.) This is how her and Keiser used to lay together :'( Jasper loved it, she's very happy to have a bunny that will lay next to her again.

kameajazz1.jpg

kameajazz2.jpg

kameajazz3.jpg

kameajazz4.jpg

kameajazz5.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/BelovedBunnies/Kamea/kamjazzfeet1.jpg
kamjazzfeet.jpg

Is that love or what :p

What a heartbreaking story :( Well done for giving her a home to live out the rest of her days, she looks happier already. I hope she lives for many more happier years xx

ps your piccies are lovely

Ahhhh...what a happy ending to such a sad story. She looks so at home with you. Bless!!! :D
Nicola x

she's lovely and so wonderful that she is able to spend the rest of her life with you.

She looks to me to be a bit like a himalayan marked rex.

Thanks guys! She is a real sweetheart.

I think she is a Californian either purebred or a mix (I'm not sure if that's a breed in the UK or not, I do know that rabbit breeds tend to differ between here and there)

omg thats great i took in two off these through my rescue and kept them because they too were stuck in tiny hutches, they are so beautful, my thelma has the hymi/cali look but pale grey :D

Awwwwwww she looks happy. What a lovely ending to a horrible story :(. And Jasper - what an absolutely beautiful dog!

Back