• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you were to get another rabbit what would tempt you?

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
I know a few of you like me only have 1 bun, and some of you don't really have the space etc for anymore... but what would tempt you to seriously reconsider????

Having spent quite a lot of time here recently I think
a neutered doe who was either a mini rex, or a grey dwarf lop like loopylops Sophie (big conversion for me as I never really liked lops that much), and she'd definitely have to be a cuddle bunny!

Not sure Deej would be very happy with me though lol. :lol:

A Hotot. :D I love them! :love: :love: I really want to get one in the future and call it Twiggy! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd also love a british/conti giant. :D

well when I had my first rabbit fluffy as much as I liked her I decided that I would never get another rabbit after she had gone because it was such hard work cleaning her out etc...( I didn't make the job easy for myself at the time :roll: ), now I have 6 they're addictive, and I blame this site completely :lol: :lol: :lol:

sometimes when i see older rabbits that have been in rescues a long time i seriously consider having them but i have to limit the no. due to time and money. I love my rabbits but if i had all the ones i'd fallen for i'd have about 50 by now!

I'm not interested in a particular breed, but I always feel so sorry for the ones that have been in rescue ages, or freeads ones where they possibly have a horrible life :cry:

Go to a rescue and meet a 'RUDY'!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was never having a second bunny until I met Rudy! I fell in love with him as soon as I seen him and spent the whole day at Kays rescue next to his cage or with him in my arms! :lol:

If you def don't want another bunny, don't go to a rescue where you could fall in love with a bun that needs a home - it's lethal :lol: :lol:

However, I can't imagine not having Rudy now... who would sit on the bean bag with me all snuggled up, snoring away if he wasn't here?! :love: Who would flop over and show a completely white belly of fluff? :lol: Who would sit on my lap and fall asleep? :love:

You can have Sophie for a weekend - she will show you how naughty lops can be :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The hard luck stories always get me - badly treated buns or the ones that are hard to rehome. I have my eye on Rupert and Bear at Greenfields who don't seem to get any interest and are a bit 'troubled'... Can't persuade the husband though :lol:

Having said that, sometimes you just see a bun who is 'right' - like Jemima, who is not a hard luck story at all, very cuddly and pretty :love: . I just fell in love! Then there was Dudley who I didn't see until we had pretty much decided he was for us from a description by the lady who found him.

If you don't want another bun stay away from rescues AND forums!! :lol:

I like those who have serious aggression issues :oops: :)

I really want Honeybunny's Clyde :love: but I can't have him :cry:

I'd love 2 bunnies exactly like Egg and Tuesday (woodstocks bunnies). :D :lol:
I really would LOVE another Dutch bunny. :love: :love:

Gem said:
I like those who have serious aggression issues :oops: :)

:

Oh yes, forgot to say aggressive ones- basically any bunns that have had a hard time really. All my buns have either been neglected, aggressive or had health problems.

I had to have a furball like Simba.. and Nala came along looking for a home just at the right time! :D

Id have to have all the black buns at freshfields and Animals in need
there having a pretty hard time at the moment :( even the tiny baby ones

The only thing that would tempt me into getting another bunn is........Waking up one day to find that Oscar has been miraculously given the "snip" without having to visit a vet :cry:

Then he would deffo have a wife and she would look just like Chris's Fifi :)

If I won the lottery and could give up work! :lol:

It's highly unlikely that I would ever go for a 3rd bunny, but I'd love to take one that needed a home if I possibly could.

This post is very appropriate for me as I have spent a few hours at a rescue this morning thinking about a friend for my bun! Before I went I had it in my mind what I wanted, a very large lop, preferably one colour, with a very friendly personality - similar to the one I have already.

Anyway, walking round there were some gorgeous buns, but I have fallen in love with a 6 year old female lop, whose colour is not describeable really -bit of everything! Apparently, she has a fantastic temperament despite being neglected, came in matted and thin, but has really scrubbed up well and has been overlooked so many times. As soon as I gave her a nose rub, I knew she was the one!!

Hopefully collecting her tomorrow!! Can't wait - I love the oldies!!
xx

Bonniebunny said:
This post is very appropriate for me as I have spent a few hours at a rescue this morning thinking about a friend for my bun! Before I went I had it in my mind what I wanted, a very large lop, preferably one colour, with a very friendly personality - similar to the one I have already.

Anyway, walking round there were some gorgeous buns, but I have fallen in love with a 6 year old female lop, whose colour is not describeable really -bit of everything! Apparently, she has a fantastic temperament despite being neglected, came in matted and thin, but has really scrubbed up well and has been overlooked so many times. As soon as I gave her a nose rub, I knew she was the one!!

Hopefully collecting her tomorrow!! Can't wait - I love the oldies!!
xx

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow that is great news, well done you :love:

Back