• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pulled out fur

Maisy

New Kit
Hey!

I have just given maisy her weekly checkin over and all the fur on the inside of her back legs and between her legs has gone. :shock: She is eating drinkin well and is really active but I am freakin out. I can't see where the pulled out fur has gone! Does any one know what this means and whether it warrants a trip to the vets?

Thank you.

Is she moulting? or Is she spayed - if not she could just be hormonal and building nests. Have you checked her hutch?

Its not urgent keep an eye on it, is the skin on the leg ok?, if it is then just wait and see. It may be part of her moult ,its common in un neutered bucks its were they wee on the fur and it tends to fall out after a while.

she just looks bald there isn't any scabbing or any thing. I thought it might be cos she hasn't been neutered yet but i have searched high and low for a nest and not found one (She is a house bun). thanks for puttin my mind at ease, I'll keep a really tight eye on her. :)

My bun had this problem. He is a unneutured male and when he wees sometimes it goes on his fur :? He went all bald at the top of his tail and in between gis legs. He was sore a little way back but tried some cream and he's all well again :p

I think it would be a good idea to ask your Vet to check her over. If she has lost fur due to it getting wet from wee then this is not normal and a physiological problem might need addressing. This could include a wee infection, an inability to adopt the correct position to wee due to pain (in the hips or spine) or an anatomical defect.
If the fur loss is due to wee then you need to be very careful her skin does not get sore.
She may be allergic to something in her environment ,carpet for example.

Janex

Back