• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't stroke Flip flop :(

Justine

Mama Doe
I am scared to stroke flipflop because Snowy keeps nipping and pulling fur everytime I try.

I was given great advice from Jane a few days ago and the advice was to make sure I stroke Snowy first as she is the boss.

I have done this. When I then start to stroke Flipflop, Snowy doesn't like it and goes for Flip.

If I stroke Snowy when Flip is up the garden, Flip comes running for a fuss as well and again snowy will nip Flip and pull her fur out.

I am getting to the stage where I am scared to fuss them.

Jane any more advice?

Or anyone else please.

HELP!!

Justine xx

Edit : Sorry also meant to say that Flip will happily take any food back off snowy who has pinched it off her. Does this mean that Flip doesn't want to be the under bunny?

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Justine I hope someone can offer you some advice, sorry I cant be more help to you :love:

Aliandbuns said:
What happens if you stroke them both at the same time?

If I stroke them both together Snowy either keeps pushing under the hand i have on Flip or she goes for Flip. :cry:

What do you do with snowy when she shows this aggressive behavior?

I don't know if this would help or not, but with our rats if one of them became aggressive we would remove her from the group for a while, and she would stay in the pet carrier by their cage for a little while (like time out for a child).

I wonder if this type of treatment would w9rk with rabbits (do they make the association of bad behaviour + being ignored and not getting their own way)?

Not sure - I'd be worried that it'd make her even more cross and more likely to feel the need to assert her dominance once she gets back out :?

I was going to suggest stroking them together but someone's already said that. I have to do that with Toffee and Caramel or else I get lots of growling and charging :roll: if you do the girls together they go flat to the floor and don't move till I've finished noserubs. :D

With Fudge and Treacle it worked too sometimes, but with the boys I often had to shut Fudge in the run or garden while I was with Treacle, because if Fudge saw Treacle getting any attention he would charge and bite at him :( then when I let him back in I would have to grab him for a cuddle to let Treacle get away :shock:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Does anyone think that Flipflop doesn't want to be the underbun?

Justine xx

Have you had any more luck stroking Flipflop without Snowy having a go at her Justine?????

Thank you Ali for asking.

I have had quite a few successful times with stroking Flipflop.

I have been trying to stroke Snowy first although thats not always too easy cause Flipflop pushes her head under the hand that is meant for Snowy.

There are still times when Flipflop sits in a corner and looks scared to death of Snowy. But then I have seen them together a lot more as well. Snowy has been demanding grooming from flip.

Tonight I went to feed them and Snowy nipped Flip on her bum when I was giving her apple. I can't make sure I give Snowy hers first as she is not as keen on it as flip is. That is what flip comes in for. Snowy was chasing her round the playhouse, not because she wants the apple but because she wants to take it off Flip.

I still can't understand why Flip will quite happily take food back off Snowy when she is normally so scared of her.

Justine xx

We had this problem with Fern and Donny. Now if Fern gets a bit pushy or aggressive we ignore her until she is behaving herself and lies down and waits for a nose rub.

She soon stops being pushy as she hates not getting any attention :lol: - I suppose it depends how aggressive Snowy is. Have you tried making a fuss of her when she is being good and then turning your back on her when she is naughty?

:?:

Bunnies they are more like kids than any other animal I know :lol:

The trouble is if I turn my back on Snowy then I'm turning my back on Flipflop too because they are both there wanting fuss. :? :?

Justine xx

Back