• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sponsored Car boot sale Event! - Where, when, who!

woodstock

Mama Doe
Hello all,
just been sat here writing more of my dreaded thesis... and am up to my ears in junk (generally because I haven't had a good sort out since i moved in Jan)!
I'm not going to lift a finger until i finish (end of sept), but when I do, i'm planning on having a HUGE er... autumn clean!

The plan is to take my junk to a car boot sale and try and get shot of as much of it as possible. And i've decided that instead of pocketing the money, i'll donate the profits to some local rescue centres - especially Tracey at RNGP (as this is where Tuesday came from), but I know of a few other rescues...

So - here's the rub:
1. Where are there decent car boots for end October/ beginning of Nov? in warwickshire/westmidlands - it has to be big or i won't shift anything! :)
I don't mind travelling a bit - i'm based near Leamington spa, so the main near towns are Coventry, Daventry, and Banbury

2. Does anyone want to join me? I'm not looking to take on any more junk to sell - I already have loads of that! :lol:, but maybe we could get a few individuals with clear outs to do and all go to the same place on the same weekend? We could have a competition to see who can raise the most money maybe? each person could nominate a rescue, and split the money between them all?
(plus it'd save me from getting bored!).

3. Do any rescues want to participate - with raffle stuff (although i'm not sure if that will work :? ) maybe or donation pots? merchandise order forms?

Go on - surely someone in the area must have a load of rubbish and want to come and join me ;) :D

there's is one near Stratford upon avon every Sunday. Costs £6 and usually attracts a large number of people!

stacy said:
there's is one near Stratford upon avon every Sunday. Costs £6 and usually attracts a large number of people!

Ohh that sounds good - do you know where exactly?
Does it definitely happen late on in the year?

It's just off the Banbury Road in a place called Long Marston, where they hold Global Gathering and the Bulldaog Bash. It would be a 30 min journey from Leamington approx. and I would be happy to help.

I'm doing a car boot there in 2 weeks so I can let you know how I get on

Might be a tad far for me, but i have started my clear out! I'm donating to Bunnymadhouse & Honeybunny, Did 1 wardrobe yesterday, & was quite ruthless (for me!!). Took ages though, cos kept trying stuff on!!
Did a cupboard too & found LOADS of interesting stuff!!! Got sidetracked playing Snakes & ladders (by myself :oops: ) :lol:

I'm the same going through all my stuff. My husband also has 1000's of records (he's used to have decks etc) and I really want to sell them (I fancy some more rabbits!) but he won't let me. When we try and sort them out he tells me how rare they are!!

Angie65 said:
Might be a tad far for me, but i have started my clear out! I'm donating to Bunnymadhouse & Honeybunny, Did 1 wardrobe yesterday, & was quite ruthless (for me!!). Took ages though, cos kept trying stuff on!!
Did a cupboard too & found LOADS of interesting stuff!!! Got sidetracked playing Snakes & ladders (by myself :oops: ) :lol:

Snakes and ladders? :lol: - but who won? ;)

Maybe we should have an 'intercounty' car boot sale competition then ;)

stacy said:
It's just off the Banbury Road in a place called Long Marston, where they hold Global Gathering and the Bulldaog Bash. It would be a 30 min journey from Leamington approx. and I would be happy to help.

I'm doing a car boot there in 2 weeks so I can let you know how I get on

Cool - i know roughly where that is! :)
Let me know how you get on with your 'boot in a fortnight :)

Yes of course I will. Some of my aunties have been before and done quite well from it so I'm pretty hopeful!

Well, we are all set to car boot tomorrow - bright and early although the clocks changing will help us a bit! :)

We are planning to go to the long marston car boot, so if anyone is going, come and say hello if you can find us! (Red ford focus with a roof rack, and collection pots on the table)

sorry to but in here anna but jane dexter is in warrickshire close to oyu i believe?
and has has all those rspca bunnies in many of us rescue are trying to help her but most of those bunnies arent i am good state :cry: so we are taking her bunny so she can make room for the not ready to leaves due to illness, wounds and pregnancy :cry: :cry:

well done for wanting to do something for the rescues as we all struggle but hope you feel jane would benefit most! just a suggestion :D

Eve x

Hi Eve,
I was over at Jane's today to transport 4 buns down to foster/adopters ;)
I have already promised to help RNGP in Rugby especially as my rescue bun came from Tracys.
I have already considered donating 50/50 between Jane and Tracy as these are my local rescues, but thought i'd wait until I know how much I make - if it's about 50 ukp, I donate it all to Tracy, it it gets towards 100ukp or above, I was thinking about doing a 50/50 split. (who knows - i might make 50p! :lol: :lol: )

My main fosterer.Angie, and myself have done sales regualry through the summer..what we take varies tremendously and sometimes you do get rained off..but it has helped...
,Good luck! :D

honeybunny said:
My main fosterer.Angie, and myself have done sales regualry through the summer..what we take varies tremendously and sometimes you do get rained off..but it has helped...
,Good luck! :D
Do you need any bits to sell jill? or have you done for this year?

Hi Marie anything you think will sell will be appreciated as we are looking into indoor ones for the winter..let me know if you sort some stuff out and I can pick it up..along with that money that I've almost forgotten about!!! :lol: Haven't been over your way for a while....

honeybunny said:
Hi Marie anything you think will sell will be appreciated as we are looking into indoor ones for the winter..let me know if you sort some stuff out and I can pick it up..along with that money that I've almost forgotten about!!! :lol: Haven't been over your way for a while....
Ok
Ive got a few bits and bobs ive been clearing out as im packing
There are a few toiletry sets are they any good?

opff

back and unloaded. Managed to raise 96.90 ukp :). Unfortunately I still have boxes of stuff in my hallway! :lol: :lol:

Back