• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescues

touie

Wise Old Thumper
is it standard procedure to ask for a letter from the landlord/letting agency when rehoming to rented accomodation?

Not that I couldn't get one but it's alot of hassle as I don't have any contact with either the landlady or the letting agents seems a bit silly when I've been living here for years with my menagerie :?

the rescue required it when we adopted my cat. had to get the landlord to write a letter saying he was fine with it.

does your contract say you can have pets/ or do you have it in wrting? Surely that would suffice?

no I can't find a contract, just a letter saying my tempory contracts permanent. But the letting agents really have been a load of rubbish, and they've changed name, phonenumbers and premises in the last few years its a nightmare to keep up!

It's because of issues with people taking on pets and then the landlord finding out and saying they have to get rid. Most tenancy agreements say no pets by default and you have to get specific permission to have them. It's a pain but they're just doing it to make sure the animals get a perminant home :) It's generally cat/dog rescues that require it - I haven't heard it as much with the smaller pets.

Tam

thanks I can understand why they do it, but its a big pain lol just phoned the cat and rabbit rescue near Chichester and they asked for it, I never even thought about it before. All the agents said when I took the lease and told them about what pets I had was that if I wanted a cat or dog I would have to ask the landlady

Back