• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pepsi's Post Mortem Results:- please read

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Pepsi's post mortem, as debs rightly said in the other post was inconclusive, His entire body was perfect, the vets checked everything from his tum to his spleen and there was nothing anywhere. The only reasonable explain\tion of his sudden death, is either a small tumour or blood clot behind his right eye causing a stroke. I am devestated as is debs, I will no longer be taking in any more buns, i will have space for rescues which need homes, i have on eat the moment and will get Kay to post her shortly, however i am officially closing my doors to other rabbits. I have never had so much of a shock as this, even the VHD wasn't as shocking as this as we at least had an explaination for the deaths of those rabbits. I cannot take anymore buns, finances wont allow and neither will my heart, I have also never seen a rabbit with a broken heart until Oakley this week, all day Tuesday she was looking for pepsi and sitting in his kennel, she has not spoken to me or Ali and is still looking foe pepsi now, she looks so sad, i have tried Oakley with 12 rabbits in total and Pepsi was the only one that she made a good bond with, i will not be looking for a new friend for her XX My best wishes to everyone XXX

Phillipa X

Aw, i'm so sorry about Pepsi :( , I hope with time you may change your mind as it always sounds as though your bunns have a fantastic life with you.

I do understand how you feel tho xx

I can understand completely - after I lost 5 of mine to myxi and 3 to snuffles I said I would never have anymore. I only have 3 now, 2 were my previous bunnies and the new one we only have because we found her. My heart goes out to you xx

I really think you have made the right decision even though it has been a decision you haven't made in haste.
You have always taken then buns from rescues that have been the hard to home bunnies and all thanks to you you have changed their lives around. It is people like you that Rescues really appreciate :D .

Thanks Guys XX I really don't think i will ever change my mind as to taking new bunny's, fosters temp rescue places yes, perminent bunnies no, in the last 18 months i have lost 20 rabbits, all but one i have found out what has killed them for definate and have been able to have closure, With pepsi i will never really know what killed him or if we could have done something else for him, and i just can't let myself get attached to anymore new buns, I have 25 of my own here and one rescue, one day all of my 25 are going to go to rainbow bridge and i just can't cope with the thought of that number rising further XX

Phil so sorry to hear about Pepsi and also sorry to hear how it has left you feeling. You have always done the best for your bunnies and your remaining 25 are very lucky to be yours. Sending a big hug from the honeybunnies xx

Oh Phill, I`m soooooooooo sorry. I can understand your heartbreak and just wish i could give you a hug.
Here`s sending cyber hugs and support to you...............................

Su.x

It must have been so awful to loose Pepsi and not know why. I'm sure his time with you, Ali and Oakley made him very happy though.

:cry: I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you, it's bad enough losing one but to not know why :cry: Big hugs xxx

Back