• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilema

cazza

Mama Doe
I currently have a 1yr old House Rex Rabbit. She is extremely spoilt and has her own way with everything. I have falled in love with a Rex on freeads however im not sure how my girly will react to a new bun in the house. Last thing i want to do is upset her and have her fall out with us but at the same time i love the freeads bun.
Hubby says if i get him they will both have to live outdoors but i cant put my baby girl outside full time nor could i put another bun out. Im stuck as to what to do............... Help!!

caz

put your hubby out and have the buns in :lol:

They might be difficult to bond if shes free range and you have no neutral territory!

To behonest if you want another rabbit you might be better off going to a rescue where they'll already be neutered and vaccinated and you can take your female along to check they got on before taking the second rabbit home.

Is the freead one neutered? If not and it's male you'll need to keep it seperate 6 weeks whilst he has his op. Two (or one) unneutered females are more likely fight so might not necessarily bond. Either way you're probably going to need seperate temporary accomodation for the second bun.

You'll need to work out with your hubby where they live. With winter you can't really have the inside part time as the temperature difference is too much.

Tam

Back