• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding time! Its not gone well :( porky going vets

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I want to start the bonding tommorow :)
The plan was the put porky in with alfie and truffle because there the most accepting of other rabbits,but there both quite skitty buns,im thinking will it make porky the same?
He has such a friendly temprement id hate to change it!
My two most friendly rabbits are claude and miffy but they hate other rabbits :shock:
I wondered wether to try him with lilac and shadow instead? although shadow is female she is quite dominant :?
Help i dont know what to do! :lol:

It could work the other way though maybe? If he's more confident it could rub off on them and make them less skittish :?

Good luck I've not had any luck bonding a trio, but I only have 1 laid back bun out of my 6 which doesn't help lol

I've always found the other way around. A confident bunny tends to make the others more outgoing. One of the girls I had used to only come up for nose rubs if her partner was having them :)

You could always try with the other to first and see how it goes :)

Tam

well in my experience little man was totally confident but after living with orchid for a few months inherited her skittishness, although he will come to me he is very alert and jumpy to noises or if i startle him :?

he would look gorgeous with shadow and lilac, i think you should try with those two, shadow may decide she likes the attention of 2 males :) each bun takes a liking to certain buns dont they some bunnies will fight all buns then one day accept a certain bunny, just give it a go and keep us updated! :thumb:

BirdieBun said:
well in my experience little man was totally confident but after living with orchid for a few months inherited her skittishness, although he will come to me he is very alert and jumpy to noises or if i startle him :?

he would look gorgeous with shadow and lilac, i think you should try with those two, shadow may decide she likes the attention of 2 males :) each bun takes a liking to certain buns dont they some bunnies will fight all buns then one day accept a certain bunny, just give it a go and keep us updated! :thumb:
Lilac and shadow are both girls :lol:
Shadow just escaped when i was feeding them Alfie wasnt inpressed when she tried to get in there pen!
Shall i put them all in together or do one at a time?

AFAIK, if there is a more dominant bun in the pair, bond with this one first, then introduce the less dominant one to Porky and the original bun :?

marie i am sorry i thought to myself well shadow is the more masculine name of the 2 so lilac must be a very gentle boy aaaaaaaaaaahahahaaha :lol: :lol:

put all 3 together i would then if it goes horribly wrong try one at a time :D

BirdieBun said:
marie i am sorry i thought to myself well shadow is the more masculine name of the 2 so lilac must be a very gentle boy aaaaaaaaaaahahahaaha :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Ive been waiting for it to stop raining!
Will be trying soon!
Ive just had to go out and buy porky a corner litter tray as he has been peeing over the tray and i got up this moring to a big puddle of rabbit wee on the floor!

bluebunny said:
BirdieBun said:

:lol: :lol:
Ive been waiting for it to stop raining!
Will be trying soon!
Ive just had to go out and buy porky a corner litter tray as he has been peeing over the tray and i got up this moring to a big puddle of rabbit wee on the floor!

omg one of mine keeps doing that in ther new shed the pee comes thru the shed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

awww good luck mate, ran rain go away porky needs his friends today!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: grrrr!!!

good luck with the bonding! I don't think you can predict how their temperament will change. Dexter was very friendly but since moving in with Amber who is very placid and friendly he's become more skittish! :roll: :lol:

Well i put porky in one of the outdoor runs,then put Alfie and truffle in,they were all fine porky was humping both of them but they didnt seem bothered,then truffle got a bit peed and nipped porky,next thing Alfie went mad, they were all jumping and running around and alfie and porky started fighting,Alfie kicked porky in the mouth :(
I rushed him down the vets it had knocked one of porkys front teeth loose which has caused a cut on his bottom lip,he has had to have his front tooth removed,I feel terrible ive only had him since monday and now this has happened :cry:
Just hope it doesnt end up giving him tooth probs as they grow back

aww poor Porky. I know how you feel, i felt exactly the same when i put Amber in with Hobbes and Phoebe and she lost part of her ear in the fight :(
Maybe he would be better with Lilac and Shadow if they are both girls.

Back