• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crate- tray

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
What could I use at the bottom of a dog crate instead of a tray please (am buying one without a tray)

Have so far come up with: carpet or wood :?

yup, me and Rosie are house sitting for my parents, rather than lug her cage with me she is in the old dog crate and has a spongey backed lino in the base, its sooo easy to take out and clean!!

I use plywood cut to size for the dog crates at the rescue as I pinched the trays to use at home. I always put two shelves in my crates so guineas can have the top. There is still enough head height left for a rabbit underneath as they are so tall. I put newspaper topped with hay on the shelves and it works well, although some more peices cut to fit the sides would help with the stray hay and poo :? I keep meaning to add those, but as they are sitting inside pens with their own bedding it isn't as important as it would be in a house.

Back