• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help for a freeads bunn- Derby Area- rex/cashmere lop

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
have been looking at admag (AGAIN!) and this ad has been coming up again and again for the last few weeks:

DE21
Wed 23rd August REX rabbit & hutch, £15
tel. 0790 9767712 mobile

Just rang to ask about the rabbit...his hutch is 2.5 x 1.5ft! :x
The owner said he will let him go for free without the hutch. They are moving and can't take him with them.

He is male, 1.5 years old, rex, un-neutered, un-vaccinated.

I hate the thought of someone taking him and keeping him in that hutch all his life, but unfortunately i'm almost certainly away with work for 6 days next week now so can't help him....can anyone else???

And whilst i'm at it there is also this one in Ilkeston, Derby

DE7
Sat 26th August ONE year OLD LONG HAIRED white indoor rabbit! selling with cage and accessories, selling due to new baby has allergies, needs a good home £20.
tel. 0115 9133230

I spoke to the lady about him also and she is willing to let him go for free (with the cage). He sounds like a cashmere lop to me from how she described him- long hair, lopped ears, white and brown, brown eyes.

bump.

Mean Bf will not entertain looking after them whilst i'm away, even though i now have a 2nd dog crate :(

Any chance of someone picking up the rex and short term fostering? I will take him in about 3 weeks if he can be fostered til then....

honeybunny said:
Any chance of someone picking up the rex and short term fostering? I will take him in about 3 weeks if he can be fostered til then....

thanks Jill. if anyone can look after him until saturday 9th Sepetember, i can take him for the remaining time after that.

I would do it but I go on my Jolly's on the 11th so it will be too much of a mad rush. If totally stuck I could help, but it would be easier if some one else could. :D

mandy said:
honeybunny said:

thanks Jill. if anyone can look after him until saturday 9th Sepetember, i can take him for the remaining time after that.

I could take him until then but not sure when i can pick him up. Do you know where in Derby he is? I could maybe go tomorrow sometime.

Estelle said:
mandy said:
honeybunny said:

I could take him until then but not sure when i can pick him up. Do you know where in Derby he is? I could maybe go tomorrow sometime.

You're a star! Do you mean you can take him for the three weeks, or until the 9th?

According to multimap it looks quite central, but de21 does cover quite a large area.
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....=public&addr2=&quicksearch=de21&addr3=&addr1=

I can take him until the 9th but its difficult to have him longer as i don't have a spare run for him so he'd be in a 4ft hutch all day.

a 4 ft hutch would be ok for a temp arrangement Estelle and I might be able to fit him in sooner...or if not I could probably take him to Tracy as she has kindly offered him a place too! :D

ok. I've rung the no. a couple of times but get cut off. Will try later and see if i can pick him up.

Estelle,
Not sure when you're planning on getting him, but if it's one evening next week (bar mon or thurs), I could go with you or drive if you like.
Give me a shout if I can help, I think I'm not too far from you.
Nicola x

Picking him up tomorrow at 4pm. The man laughed when i said can i have him for free without the hutch :? Hope he doesn't think i'm giving him any money! :roll:

How rude of him!!!! If you do want company Estelle, do give me a shout. I'm in the middle of preparing for an interview on Mon (boo hoo!! :( ), but a break from it would prob be good. Pm me if you do.
If you do go alone, take care!!
Ncola x

Estelle
thanks very much for getting the bunn.
I expect the man laughed because i'd said that to him- i think he jsut wants rid of him so wont expect any money.

What is happening now about me taking him after the 9th? Am happy too still.

ps. can we see piccies please when you bring him home? :)

yes he laughed and said his wife must have said he can go for free because she's desperate to get rid of him :(
If Tracy still has room for him i'll take him down there on Sunday. I will get some pictures first though! :D

Back