PDA

View Full Version : Help for a freeads bunn- Derby Area- rex/cashmere lop

Azraelm
30-08-2006, 04:13 PM
have been looking at admag (AGAIN!) and this ad has been coming up again and again for the last few weeks:

DE21
Wed 23rd August REX rabbit & hutch, £15
tel. 0790 9767712 mobile

Just rang to ask about the rabbit...his hutch is 2.5 x 1.5ft! :x
The owner said he will let him go for free without the hutch. They are moving and can't take him with them.

He is male, 1.5 years old, rex, un-neutered, un-vaccinated.

I hate the thought of someone taking him and keeping him in that hutch all his life, but unfortunately i'm almost certainly away with work for 6 days next week now so can't help him....can anyone else???

Azraelm
30-08-2006, 04:21 PM
And whilst i'm at it there is also this one in Ilkeston, Derby

DE7
Sat 26th August ONE year OLD LONG HAIRED white indoor rabbit! selling with cage and accessories, selling due to new baby has allergies, needs a good home £20.
tel. 0115 9133230

I spoke to the lady about him also and she is willing to let him go for free (with the cage). He sounds like a cashmere lop to me from how she described him- long hair, lopped ears, white and brown, brown eyes.

Azraelm
31-08-2006, 10:20 AM
bump.

Mean Bf will not entertain looking after them whilst i'm away, even though i now have a 2nd dog crate :(

honeybunny
31-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Any chance of someone picking up the rex and short term fostering? I will take him in about 3 weeks if he can be fostered til then....

Azraelm
31-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Any chance of someone picking up the rex and short term fostering? I will take him in about 3 weeks if he can be fostered til then....

thanks Jill. if anyone can look after him until saturday 9th Sepetember, i can take him for the remaining time after that.

honeybunny
31-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Mandy put an appeal in general chat..mor people look there!

SOAD
31-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I would do it but I go on my Jolly's on the 11th so it will be too much of a mad rush. If totally stuck I could help, but it would be easier if some one else could. :D

Estelle
31-08-2006, 12:54 PM

thanks Jill. if anyone can look after him until saturday 9th Sepetember, i can take him for the remaining time after that.

I could take him until then but not sure when i can pick him up. Do you know where in Derby he is? I could maybe go tomorrow sometime.

Azraelm
31-08-2006, 01:04 PM

I could take him until then but not sure when i can pick him up. Do you know where in Derby he is? I could maybe go tomorrow sometime.

You're a star! Do you mean you can take him for the three weeks, or until the 9th?

According to multimap it looks quite central, but de21 does cover quite a large area.
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&search_result=&db=pc&lang=&keepicon=true&pc=DE21&advanced=&client=public&addr2=&quicksearch=de21&addr3=&addr1=

rngpwelfare
31-08-2006, 03:01 PM
If someone wants to get him to me I'll squeeze him in.

Estelle
31-08-2006, 04:26 PM
I can take him until the 9th but its difficult to have him longer as i don't have a spare run for him so he'd be in a 4ft hutch all day.

honeybunny
31-08-2006, 04:43 PM
a 4 ft hutch would be ok for a temp arrangement Estelle and I might be able to fit him in sooner...or if not I could probably take him to Tracy as she has kindly offered him a place too! :D

Estelle
31-08-2006, 04:51 PM
ok. I've rung the no. a couple of times but get cut off. Will try later and see if i can pick him up.

Nicola C
31-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Estelle,
Not sure when you're planning on getting him, but if it's one evening next week (bar mon or thurs), I could go with you or drive if you like.
Give me a shout if I can help, I think I'm not too far from you.
Nicola x

Estelle
31-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks Nicola, i'd like to get him this weekend if i can!

Estelle
31-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Picking him up tomorrow at 4pm. The man laughed when i said can i have him for free without the hutch :? Hope he doesn't think i'm giving him any money! :roll:

Nicola C
31-08-2006, 05:36 PM
How rude of him!!!! If you do want company Estelle, do give me a shout. I'm in the middle of preparing for an interview on Mon (boo hoo!! :( ), but a break from it would prob be good. Pm me if you do.
If you do go alone, take care!!
Ncola x

Estelle
31-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks Nicola.

Azraelm
31-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Estelle
thanks very much for getting the bunn.
I expect the man laughed because i'd said that to him- i think he jsut wants rid of him so wont expect any money.

What is happening now about me taking him after the 9th? Am happy too still.

ps. can we see piccies please when you bring him home? :)

Estelle
01-09-2006, 12:01 PM
yes he laughed and said his wife must have said he can go for free because she's desperate to get rid of him :(
If Tracy still has room for him i'll take him down there on Sunday. I will get some pictures first though! :D

Azraelm
01-09-2006, 12:05 PM
yes he laughed and said his wife must have said he can go for free because she's desperate to get rid of him :(
If Tracy still has room for him i'll take him down there on Sunday. I will get some pictures first though! :D

I'm so glad that you are getting him! Had been seeing the ad for weeks and wanted to ask about him but was unable to because i still had my four fosters...and now im due to be away with work :roll:

Would love to see piccies :)

Estelle
01-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Have just collected him. He isn't a rex! :roll: They were told he was when they bought him. He is an agouti, very handsome boy. He has very badly overgrown nails which i'm going to clip for him and then let him settle in his hutch for the night. He seems fairly tame for saying the lady is 'allergic' to him and can't handle him. She thought he was a girl because the other rabbit they 'got rid of' kept mounting him but i have seen his plums so i know he's a boy!

Nicola C
01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Well done Estelle, good work!! Glad you are back ok and glad the bun is ok-ish.
Nicola x

Azraelm
01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Have just collected him. He isn't a rex! :roll: They were told he was when they bought him. He is an agouti, very handsome boy. He has very badly overgrown nails which i'm going to clip for him and then let him settle in his hutch for the night. He seems fairly tame for saying the lady is 'allergic' to him and can't handle him. She thought he was a girl because the other rabbit they 'got rid of' kept mounting him but i have seen his plums so i know he's a boy!

I did wonder if he was actually a rex- the man described him as brown and grey and i thought I'd never heard of that colouring in rexes!
What was his hutch like? Did they seem to care about him at all?

Very glad he is with you now :D

Estelle
02-09-2006, 01:18 AM

I did wonder if he was actually a rex- the man described him as brown and grey and i thought I'd never heard of that colouring in rexes!
What was his hutch like? Did they seem to care about him at all?

Very glad he is with you now :D

The hutch was small, looked about 3ft and a few flies in there, green water bottle and no hay. Had to cut about an inch off his nails! :( I don't think they neglected him on purpose, just had no idea how to care for a rabbit. They bought him for the kids and they weren't bothered anymore. They had quite a few dogs in the garden which probably wasn't very nice for him. They didn't mention him having a name so i guess they weren't bothered about him. At least he will have a nice life from here on! :D

Estelle
02-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Here he is! You can just see how long his back nails were :( I am taking him over to Tracy tomorrow.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/EstelleH73/freead.jpg

Azraelm
02-09-2006, 09:32 AM
:love: aw, he's lovely!
His poor nails, must have been so uncomfortable :(

Nicola C
02-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Aw, he is gorgeous, so glad he is away from those people now. I just hope they are looking after their dogs :?
Well done again Estelle!! And Mandy too!! I hope I can help out next time!!
Nicola x

Estelle
02-09-2006, 09:49 AM
:love: aw, he's lovely!
His poor nails, must have been so uncomfortable :(

one of them is missing on his back foot, he must have caught it and ripped it out, poor boy :(

Azraelm
02-09-2006, 05:41 PM
the other rabbit on this thread- cashmere lop, has gone to a home now.

Estelle
04-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Freddie is now at Tracy's in Rugby. I was tempted to keep him as he is so good natured and would love to see him running round on the grass after being cooped up in a tiny hutch for a year :( Hope he finds a fantastic bunny mummy to love and spoil him.

Azraelm
04-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Aw :(

Thats great that he has gone to tracy tho, i'm sure he'll find a lovely home soon, he looks like such a sweet boy :)

Nicola C
04-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Well done guys, it's great knowing that he will be safe and happy now :D
Nicola x