• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why is he doing that??

Dobbin

Mama Doe
The last two weeks Dobbin has done it on occasions but today i have been in and sat with him about 5 times and everytime he comes over for a little cuddle and a back rub for a minute or two then he hops off and does something else before coming back and trying scratch my arms with both his legs and trying to nip me. Any ideas why he is doing this? Does he not love his mummy anymore?

All help would be hugely appreciated.

Sue
xx

is he done?

As you're stroking him, he probably think he's top bun, and is asserting his authority?

(i don't know really - i'm just guessing!)

no he isnt done yet, he can't be done until he is over his current infection. Do you think thats what it is?!

Sue
xx

Sounds as if he's turning into a teenager :lol: :lol: Maybe it's just his digging instinct - perhaps when he wants to rummage around, he wants to have a look behind you (or inside your jumper) so he digs to move your arm out of his way? It's fairly normal for cuddle buns to get a bit more independent when they start to grow up.

I'm sure he still loves you loads, but as he grows up he is learning a bit more about being a rabbit, and his natural bunny behaviour is starting to kick in.

Well that's what I reckon anyway :lol: :lol:

Evo does that to me when I'm in his way, although he could just take a couple of steps around me instead. :roll:

I think Rosie and Dobbin can be friends Sue...

she does exactly the same to me, but again its only recently.
As soon as she is old enough, she is going under and hopefully she will accept me as top bun and want a cuddle!

You've got to try to be top bunny...

Try sliding your hand under his chin (to try and get licking!)... if he even slightly licks you - give him a treat :)

Also - when he digs on you - say 'NO' firmly and loudly. Or give a little shriek (it's what buns do if they're hurt)...

Is he coming back to tell you to stroke him again? If I am in Maisie's way, she nips me to tell me to get out of the way. I don't think bunnies know how to step to the side!!

Back