• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird Freead

KatieB

Warren Scout
Not sure what to make of this:

Rescued Blue Dutch rabbit looking for a new home “Casper” cannot live with other male rabbits, as he has a tendency to spray due to being a dominant 2 year old male rabbit himself. Is a very cute, attractive looking Smokey grey (Blue) Rabbit who loves lots of attention. However, because he was previously neglected, he is rather small for his age and type of breed. “Casper” was previously owned by a young boy, who would always play with him, until he eventually got bored of the rabbit. “Casper” was then put into a guinea pig hutch that only had two legs as the others had fallen off. He was not handled or taken out of his hutch, very much over the first 18 months of his life. He was given food, although was not adequate feed. “Casper” did have a parasite called Walking Dandruff, which has now been treated. He has had a dental at the vets because his back teeth were overgrown. Any new owner needs to be an experienced rabbit owner who will be patient, as he has a tendency to pace up and down his hutch and run, however, is very insecure if allowed to roam in a secure garden or wide space. His peculiarities are what make “Casper” unique. £15

I have emailed the person to let them know that neutering would help and that he could go with a neutered female as it is recommended rabbits are kept with company.

With the dental buns we have had in- if it was the front teeth that were overgrown these could be clipped or removed and if the back then these needed filing- no mention of this?!

I don't find that message that confusing.

Yes he could be neutered, but the person who wants to re home him doesn't want to pay for it (or can't afford it), but seems to be trying to be honest about his current temperament/behaviour.

Also with his temperament due to having been alone in such a small environment for so long introducing him to a new bun, would probably be quite difficult/stressful for him I would imagine.

If he has not been properly fed since he was young, then he could be a bit runty, or he might also be a bit thinner than he should be.

They have said he has had a dental to let people know - I don't see what more info a new owner would need unless it was a recurring condition which with good food it might not be (just a guess). Or any potential owner could just ask about this.

Seems like a pretty clear ad to me. :)

Back