• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help please exp. bunny bonders

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I have my psycho bunny Fudge living alone outside in the garden. In all honesty he actually seems really happy out there by himself, and has been less aggressive to me since.

He was a bully to his brother Treacle (now at the bridge) alot of the time, and commited GBH on Amy when I tried to bond them and she will be disfigured for life :( But I don't like seeing him alone out there especially now the winters coming :(

I'm too scared to try him again with Amy, I can't bond him with Niamh and Splodge as Niamh is terrified of him and Splodge gets a bit aggressive with him through the run wire :shock: , and I've tried with Toffee and Caramel, they both attacked him :?

I'm wondering whether to make a last attempt to get him a partner through a rescue so that they can help with bonding and finding the right partner, or whether to just leave him be. What do you think?

Think it sounds like a good idea :thumb:
Seems like quite a few rescues are happy to do the bonding for a few days if they have space....

or perhaps they could even try bonding Amy and Fudge again for you in return for a donation?? I;m not sure if this advised as blood was drawn before, hopefully someone will know :)

Maybe fudge is one of those bunns who just prefer to be on their own? If you are happy to get him a friend, then it seems worth a go i think.

Wow!! Completely O/T

Touie: you have a biting bun (so have I) - i'm bonding him with a bun called Treacle. I have a younger sister who i called Amy for months when she was born, cos that's what I wanted my parents to call her. Eventually, i nicknamed her Splodge. My favourite toy growing up was a squirrel named Toffee, & i have a Bridge Bun - Caramel!! Don't know any Niamh s though! :lol:

Anyway!!! I had bonding probs with Chocolate, but now she's part of a 7, so sometimes I think they are completely against other buns & then change their minds just to be awkward. :shock: :lol: Might be best if you let Fudge pick a girlie though & let the Rescue bond? I'm the same as Mandy - wary of re-bonding after seeing blood. Having said that Chocolate lives with Smirnoff now, & they fought completely at the beginning. I was honestly set to have Chocolate living on her own for life, but I'm so glad she's bonded now. (Not that living alone isn't best for some buns!) So after all that. I don't know & good luck!! :D :lol:

Hey, my 2 had a major fight before they were neutered (they wre booked for the following week, typical) and Harly ended up with a big cut (more like a chunk missing actually) on his head. He had stitches, and now his white stripe goes wonky where she stitched hin back together. The scar would have been worse if left 2 heal itself, but she put in stitches the following week as was under a GA anyway for neutering.

Although I'm not saying it works for everybody - I did manage 2 get them back together, but it was a slow process. I found absolutley neutral territory was the key (I put them in my bathroom) and building it up gradually - giving a litter tray each and swapping them over without cleaning them so got scent, putting runs as close together as possible, changing huthces over (whenevr chnaged bedding, swapped them) so again getting used to other scent in their territory.

If it's been that bad and your nervous tho Id certainly ask a rescue 2 help, as they are experienced and will know when 2 call a halt to it.

Bonding him thorugh a rescue would be the way to go as then he can find the right partner. Rabbits really do seem to have preferences about who they live with. I don't push a bonding if it isn't going well, I try a different rabbit. I haven't failed yet - oh dear :roll: dangerous thing to say :roll: but accurate so far.

doorkeeper said:
I haven't failed yet - oh dear :roll: dangerous thing to say :roll: but accurate so far.

If only I lived closer I could have given you a challenge :lol:

do you drive? i am only a couple of hours from you, and do bonding services :D

available bunnies are on the webby or RR

yes I do drive when I have too :lol: do you have some potential ladies to try him with then? He's 2 and a half years old

touie said:
yes I do drive when I have too :lol: do you have some potential ladies to try him with then? He's 2 and a half years old

i have a few females in ready to go!

of top of my head

brenda, jessie, lavender is being speyed today, coffee, pudding, and i have nala (will be done next week!

I'm definately interested but I've just put your address into a routefinder and you're 106 miles away, which is quite a long way for me as I really don't like driving :( I think I'll see if some of the closer rescues can help first and if not I'll be on your doorstep with psychobunny :lol:

aww I love little Dixie, can't believe she's been there so long :shock:

i would seriously consider the implications of him potentially permanently disfiguring anothe rbun for life, he sounds very aggressive to do that. why not leave him on his own if you think he looks happy then why risk injuring another bun :?

A good rescue won't just throw them in together to potentially kill each other, don't worry!

It may well be that he hasn't found the right bun yet - I know Adele has had some very grumpy killer bunnies who eventually found a partner :)

thats what I was hopeing, all my females (apart from one who was terrified of him!) are quite feisty :? He was really good to his brother Treacle in the months leading up to his death, would lie with him and groom him all the time, so I think there's hope!

Back