• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To bond or not to bond...

GiantJessica

Warren Scout
Me and the o/h are thinking about getting a friend for Jessica but have a couple of questions.

Should it be a girl or a boyfriend?

Jessica isn't spayed, will this make it difficult for her to bond?

As Jessica is a larger lady we are assuming her companion also needs to be of the larger variety.

I think rabbits are usually happier with a friend. I'd get one from a rescue so she can go on bunny dates to see who she gets on with. I was unable to bond my unspeyed female, she was a sex pest and kept humping her boyfriends head, but others have been successfull!

As shes not done and i dont think it would work well dont get another girl. A castrated male will be fine. The boy you pick needs to be similar only because she will hump him every now and then. :lol: no smaller than a dwarf lop. val

Yes if you go along to a rescue it might be possible to have a couple of tries to see who she gets along with.
We got our buns from a rescue and they paired them up for a week or two for us to make sure they got on, which they do and are best of friends.
They had both had their respective 'ops' though.

Back