• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Needed For Rescue

As many of you will know we were having a fundraising event this month to raise much needed funds for the rescue. That was cancel eddue to lack of interest, the venue was Manchester and that was a bit too far for people, then we decided to raffle off the prizes- not one ticket sold! :(

We can't have an open day because we are basically running the rescue from a 1 bed terraced cottage ontop of a mountain!!

I know that alot of people here aren't rich (shockingly it goes on the rabbits!) and i always think it should be the people who can afford to give should!

I am not asking people to give money just any ideas so that i can raise money for the rescue - basically if we don't have a sucessful fundraiser by the end of the year- we won't be here! :cry:

Thanks in advance!

Pet photo comps seem to do quite welll?
A small entry fee to enter as many pets & the winner gets something? Maybe u can get a prize donated from a local pet shop?

Do you have a hopper group in your area, ask the rwa for a list of the ones clse to you and maybe you could get them to help?

What about a sponsord run/swim etc,

works a treat if your not that fit as people will pay for a chuckle!!

Im game to do one down here in Bristol and rally a few people together, my vet surgery will sponsor me and if i go on and on my family friends etc will pay to shut me up!!

That ay everyone across the country can try to help....

thanks you lot!

Unfortunately we have already had one photo comp- Maybe could involve the papers this time and get them to publish the winning picture! Although they have been mythered by me lately- unfortunately not many donations came in :cry: Think people out this neck of the woods just can't afford to 'waste' money on what they see as a weird pet! People here have asked 'why don't you just release them onto the moors'- nice or 'what a rabbit rescue- really?' They think of rabbits as pests :evil:

No hopper groups i'm afraid.

The Beluga Event was too far for most people and £30 per head is alot, and the raffle prizes are basically the prizes donated for the Manchester event- so fair enough! :lol:

Have contacted all the fete etc all booked back in Jan! and Xmas ones too!

Running out of ideas- would love an open day but noone would turn up!

I was thinking about a calender but didn't think anyone would buy one- plus can't really do that till the end of the year!

why dont you auction the prizes you have left over on e bay

what about local schools . could you do an information day at a school .
chat about rabbit welfare etc and rescues .
perhaps they could all pay a £1 to enter a poster competition
or maybe they would have a non uniform day and give a donation to wear what they want .

just an idea ....suppose it would depend on how friendly the head was :?

As for the photo comp , i entered the last one and would enter again :thumb:

Angie

sponsored slim ??? :oops: I have got a few pounds to loose and wouldnt mind doing that. Will help to encourage me to keep on with it. I so need the incentive to get back to my ideal weight.

Deb x

what about sponsor a rabbit? I've noticed that there are some other rescues doing that. Or could you do a 'joint' money raising venture with another rescue?

-Unfortunately have been doing the sponsor a bun for many months! Had a coupld of people!

Maybe if a few people up and down the country do 'sponsor' things that are important-difficult to them and then put it all together?

What about a photo comp with a difference- all the winning bunnys go into the 2007 calender and get that a a lifelike friend teddy and the calender as a prize and with their permission we could also sell the calenders? Would anyone buy a calender for 2007 in October?

Already spotted bunny calendars on sale at the PDSA Charity Shop so I think yes, we would.

will try and think of some more ideas, its hard trying to find different ways to raise money and sometimes something a little different helps.

I would buy raffle tickets.

Love the calender idea - you could run a comp for entry of bunnies! I dont know about other people but i know if my bun was in a calender most people would get a calender in their xmas stocking as well as a copy or three for me!!

I have put bunny calender on my xmas list!!

Sue
xx

I did'nt know there was a raffle :?

I'll have a think about fund raising ideas. Theres been lots of good ideas already.

if you want any help contacting and dealing with your local press, ie sending out a press release that you are looking for fundraisers or you have lots of rabbits looking for new homes, then drop me a pm, i work in press and pr.

you could start giving talks on rabbits. a lot of groups like WI, Over 60s clubs, scout/guide/brownie/cub groups (if you search your local government website there is usually a list on there) have guest speakers all the time. the animal charity i used to work for used to charge £30 to come and give a talk. with the children you can also ask them to buy things that you need for the rabbits, they love getting involved and feel like they are doing something.
If you do decide to contact groups then you can just send a standard letter out to them all letting them know you are available, word will spread and you could raise money and awareness

Sorry to hear about your fundraising. Choink's ideas are good, or I was going to say about boot sales and ebay - either to sell goods or to ask for donations for hay etc!!

I really hope you manage to find the funds to keep going. Good Luck.

xx

Back