• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

tre's not eating, anything I can do?

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
:? Just given the buns their tea, Travis has tucked in, but Treacle, who usually wolfs it down hasn't touched a thing.

She wont eat any pellets, all I've managed to get her to touch is her pineapple and papaya tablet and a blade of redigrass?! Even the parsely didn't tempt her. I've checked her over and there's no sign of a gurgly tummy or a mucky bum, I don't know what else to do.

She had some pellets before lunch, and I've seen her in her litter tray at some point today. Is there anything else I can do tonight?

As I know she's eaten today, I will wait to see if she eats her breakfast tomorrow before calling the vets in case it's just a temporary thing. I have a feeling it will be a late night!? :?

They've been on Redigrass since February, and it's not a new bale that they're on, so I don't know that mine have a problem with it as such, they've been OK on it for ages, this has only come on tonight. It's usually Travis who's the poorly one with dental probs etc. It's very unusual for Tre to be poorly :?

Clean out the tray so you can poop count. If there is no poop and not eating it's a vet trip asap I'm afraid.

:D Ms Treacle Tart is fine now, thanks! Was on bunny watch all night, gave her a fluffy towel and a snugglesafe, and at around 4am she started to perk up a bit, and by 5.30am was bickering with Travis over the treat ball!? She's had her brekie, so I'm just going to keep an eye on her today, no sign of any unusual poops to suggest it was a slight blockage due to her current moult? So perhaps just a bit of wind?

Needless to say, I will be keeping a watchful eye on her today! :D

Back