• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long does a sack of A & P last you?

How long does your Allen & Page 20kg sack last??

• 1 month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 months

• 3 months

• 4 months

• 5 months

• 6 months

• Other, please state.

• Total voters
smokiemisty said:
Do you find ss better Jane?

Well, the Buns certainly prefer it. They will eat the A+P but not with much enthusiasm. Also, AlisonA pointed out that the A+P contains molasses which I tend not to like for Rabbit feed (lots of the cereal mixes contain it)
Obviously A+P wins price wise. I pay £6.40 for a 20kg sack. I pay about twice that for a 10kg sack of SS (at least I THINK the sack is 10kg :? )

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
smokiemisty said:
Do you find ss better Jane?

Well, the Buns certainly prefer it. They will eat the A+P but not with much enthusiasm. Also, AlisonA pointed out that the A+P contains molasses which I tend not to like for Rabbit feed (lots of the cereal mixes contain it)
Obviously A+P wins price wise. I pay £6.40 for a 20kg sack. I pay about twice that for a 10kg sack of SS (at least I THINK the sack is 10kg :? )

Janex

What I have noticed with the a & p is that it doesnt have a long sell by date like other feed

Jack's-Jane said:
Also, AlisonA pointed out that the A+P contains molasses which I tend not to like for Rabbit feed

Although I have just noticed that SS says it contains 'sugar beet pulp' which is pretty much the same thing isn't it??

Must go and find the A&P ingredients list again and do a proper comparison!

My buns are happy to eat the A&P (well apart from Chloe who won't touch it) but they do definitely prefer the SS. At the moment I have the two mixed and they always pick out the SS first - not sure whether that's because they prefer it or just that it's bigger so naturally gets eaten first.

I've also swapped the nethies straight back onto SS because, although it may be coincidence, I noticed that Santa's snuffles got worse when I started the swap onto A&P, and has got substantially better since I've stopped it :? Could be coincidence but as I was happy with them on the SS anyway I've decided not to take the risk.

How long is the sell by date on A&P in months/weeks etc

Ive had Rosie for 8 weeks now and still have half a tub of food left, didnt occur to me to look for a sell by date!!

Feeling like a very bad bunny mummy now!!!!!

johannapage said:
How long is the sell by date on A&P in months/weeks etc

Ive had Rosie for 8 weeks now and still have half a tub of food left, didnt occur to me to look for a sell by date!!

Feeling like a very bad bunny mummy now!!!!!

with rabbit food its 3 months

I can't participate in the poll, as i've only just bought a bag of A&P.

I did however realise that i'm never going to get through that much by the 21st of November, so I found someone to split the bag with me. Maybe we could start a 'A&P bag share' part of the forum ;)

My buns actually have 4 (yes - 4!) different pellets atm....

I used to feed Egg and Donut on Excel, but took them off it when they started getting tummy upsets - now i'm just working my way through what's left in the bag slowly (more of a treat).
Tuesday was used to A&P, so they get that.
Tracey also gave me a taster bag of SS when I got Tuesday - and they both love that - so i'm using it as a 'fast burn' food, with A&P as a slow burn.
I am also trialing the bunny basics Hi Fi!

spoilt rotten? :)

Thats a very good idea!!!

If anyone needs a new bag in the next 3 weeks or so let me know!!
I have enough until then but will need a new bag, so if anyone wants to share it give us a shout, i paid seven pounds for my last bag!

Ive voted 6 months, but I dont really know, as I had nearly a sack full left and Justine came to see me in July( it was fantastic to meet her and her family) so I gave her half the sack so I didnt waste it. Its the only down fall of Allen and Page the sell by date isnt very long. I think a 20kg sack would last me a year otherwise :?

3-4 days :shock: :roll:

At first I got sacks with close sellby dates but now they are several months ahead - I obviously got through their supppliers entire back stock and am on to a completely new batch.

My lot I have at the moment runs out on the 1st of September, so don't know whether to risk it or not :? :? :?

in reply to someone earlier, no sugar beet is not the same as molasses, although you can get molassed sugarbeet.

We feed unmolassed sugar beet to our laminitic (not allowed much sugar at all) pony on the advice of a nutritionist, whereas molasses is almost pure sugar and not allowed.

I'm yet to see A&P yet in any shops around here. I feed Mia SS and have just started feeding a few pellets to Colin in with his excel. He goes straight for the SS every time.

Back