• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Lord Lopsley Please....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
He has a HORRIBLE ear infection :(
He was not bothered by his ears and it was just a routine check that revealed an outer ear full of STINKING PUS :mrgreen:
He has allowed me to clean it out and I have started him on Baytril and Metacam. We will Christabel tomorrow along with poor wee Martha.
Eeeeeeeeeweeeeeeee that ear was GROSS :mrgreen:

Janex

SarahP said:
By the way, how do you clean out an ear? :?

I'm glad you asked that :lol: I'm lucky if my lot even let me have a reasonable look, let alone clean them - especially the lops!

SarahP said:
Yuk! Poor Lord L! By the way, how do you clean out an ear? :?

Carefully!!

I have a special cleanining solution (from the Vets) which I squirt into the ear canal. I then massage the base of the ear and gently remove what comes out with a cotton bud. You do need to be EXTREMELY careful not to push the cotton bud far into the ear as you could do serious damage.
How his ear did not hurt him is a mystery cos under all the stinking pus the ear canal is grossly inflamed :(
I hate ear problems as I always worry the infection will go to the middle ear meaning BIG TROUBLE :cry:

Janex

Perhaps the reason his ear didn't seem to bother him is because of his royal lineage, ie. his 'stiff upper lip'. :wink:

awww bless lord lopsey!! vibes for him and you!!
My basset hound had to have his ears cleaned out regularly - it was the most disgusting job. lol

Hi lord lopsey ...sir...
just thought id let you knowpoorly ears arnt always all that bad . take your medicine like a good man ... like i did and youll soon be feeling much better .
hope you didnt mind me giving this bit of advice .....sir ..

your trusted servant
Grumpy Thumper

bunnymadhouse said:
Hi lord lopsey ...sir...
just thought id let you knowpoorly ears arnt always all that bad . take your medicine like a good man ... like i did and youll soon be feeling much better .
hope you didnt mind me giving this bit of advice .....sir ..

your trusted servant
Grumpy Thumper

Nah, mate. I dont mind at all!!
Gawd knows why I've been saddled with such an 'orange squash' name :roll:

Lops
xx

I love the names your rabbits have :lol:

hopefully it will clear up well if you've caught it early.

I've always given treats to Mia (and now Colin) so they associate having you ears looked in with something nice. Same with teeth and underbits :lol:

Back