• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's getting old :(

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
Hey All,

Just wanted to share :(

This week Vinnie is finally looking his age :( his weight has dropped a little & he is just acting old. His cataracts are worsening too... He is still happy & healthy, just an old man! I knew it would be inevitable him being 11 now but he has always been so spritely!

Anyone know where to find the grail of everlasting youth????

Awwwww well if he is 11 he has every right to look his age!!
It sounds as though he is still feeling ok within himself. I am sure you already know that its important to get elderly Buns checked over at the Vet for Arthritic pain. The spine is often effected so Bun is less inclined to move about and muscle wastage along the back and around the hind quarters occurs giving Bun that 'pointed spine' appearance.

I find my older Buns do better on Vetbed and towels for bedding. They also need help keeping warm when Autumn/Winter arrives so a snugglesafe (even for an indoor Bun) is a good idea.
My oldies also need help with their daily ablutions!! So ear checks, bum checks and daily grooming are needed. A gentle cleaning of their eyes with cooled boiled water is another thing I do.

Have you got any piccies of Vinnie please!!

Janex

Oil of Olay? You must be doing a great job if he's that old. Don't give up on him yet, I'm sure he's got a lot left in him, even if he is looking old!

wow,11,thats amazing.my vet said my wonderful elvie-woo was an old lady at 9 and that she had never seen a bunny beyond 10!you must be a super-duper bunny mummy.it is so hard when they get old because we know time is precious and we want them to live forever.

Aww thank u everyone :) Thanks Jane for that, he is still very agile, just a little slower...He has a 5 year old wife to keep him young tho ;)
I have padded out the shed last week for them to have for the winter, snugglesafes are great aren't they! So they have a cosy shed to snuggle in with all mod cons (wires all high up!)

<<< That is Vinnie to the left taken earlier this spring but I will post some more!

I just can't believe time is finally taking its toll :( ah well he has had a great life, so im thankful for that :D He's my very special boy :D

aww bless him .
what a good age for a bunny .

it is a worry though when they start to get old .
i worry about grumpy thumper all the time and hes only 8 :?

Back