• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Next dor neighbours rabbit - again!

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
some may remember my last post re my mum's next door neighbours' bun. It was a boiling hot day and he had NO water, so i jumped over the fence and replaced it, while i was there i noticed weeping eyes and overgrown nails and no hay in hutch.

I left a note for the owner saying he needs to see a vet,etc.

A month on and she asked my mum to feed Roger while she was away for two nights. She left my mum NO food or hay.

THe hutch is thik with wee and rotton, my mum cleaned him out but the hutch needs chucking.

His eyes look sore and nails are still long - it upset me so much that she paid no attention to my note re seeing a vet.

She is back and my mum is going to have a word with her and say the hutch is rotton and he needs hay at all times plus a vet. He is never let out or stroked, bless him :cry: he must be about 4-5 and has spent all of that time in solitary confinement :cry:

if she still pays no attention to what my mum tells her what can i do??

have you asked her if she actually wants him?

As i think i've said before, when i wanted to get Belle off my sisters horrible friend, my sister asked her if she actually wanted her or not and she was a bit funny about it- i think she didn't like being criticized so then my sister told her I was desperate for another bunn as mine had just died (wasn't true...just needed something she'd find hard to say no to.)

May work, but be careful how you approach it so that the woman doesn't end up beign stubborn for the sake of it.

If you can sort out some temporary accomodation at yours and advertise him on here, i'm sure you'd find a home soon, or ask a rescue?

Hope you can get him x

Oh poor bun :(

Yes is there any way of enticing her to let him go to you?

Even a small payment???

It is soooo sad - why do people get rabbits if they just leave them in a hutch all the time? Grr gets me so angry :cry: I love my rabbit soooo much, he is always out and about, and I love spending time with him. He doesnt even go in his hutch anymore.
Hope you get it all sorted, let us know how it goes. xx

The difficulty is, is (a) I cannot accomodate two buns and local rescues are very booked up, (b) would not be able the afford vet bills as am struggling already to pay for my wedding.

My mum will definately say something, she is a nice girl but a bit dim!

It makes me feel so sad when i think of him all on his own, his hutch is revolting :cry:

Back