• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Eeekkkkk... no poo this morning!

Bonniebunny

Warren Scout
I'm getting worried and paranoid. There were no droppings this morning. Yesterday there were droppings, and one or two strung together, so I looked at past posts and gave a cube of pineapple (in natural juice) and have just desptached my hubby to get infacol. I've been rubbing her tum too.

Bun is still eating very well, running around etc and seen her eating ceco's. My bunny does not seem to eat hay though, I've tried a few different ones and have some from bunnybasics on order. Should I do anything else until I can get her to the vet tomorrow?

I'm feeling very nervous about this myself and keep checking her all the time!
xx

They do produce poos and caecatrophs at different times of the day, so if she's eating, and also producing caecos, then it sounds as if her tummy is moving ok. I'd just keep encouraging her to eat, and also to move around a lot, as this will help her tummy. I wouldn't mind betting that just as you're about to panic, she will produce a great load of poos all in one go :wink:

If she does stop eating and starts getting sluggish/grinding her teeth/pushing her tummy into the ground, I think it's time to call the vet, but hopefully she will produce you some lovely poos very soon!

It can take a little while for the pineapple to do it's stuff, try some kittymalt too (for cats from pet shops) don't panic just yet, bunny may just not need to go! But keep an eye out for the signs mentioned.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease! I've read so many things here about gut stasis, I know you need to act quickly, which is why I am panicking a bit!!

Bun has been running round the garden, I've noticed a little pile of poo!! Yippeee, although they are smaller than usual?? Will keep a very vigilant eye out, will it hurt to give some infacol anyway?

Thanks a lot for your help!

xx

Fingers crossed those poos will arrive soon. I know exactly how worried you are feeling. Better to be a paranoid mum I say! :)

Yay! Glad there has been poo! If it's smaller than usual, that can indicate a gut slowdown (which may or may not already have passed) sokeep a very close eye!

There's no harm in giving a little infacol anyway, it is not absorbed by the body, it simply helps any gas to pass through the system.

Good luck, please do keep us posted!

That's great news! I'd feed some Infacol just in case. Also do you have any dandelion leaves in the garden? Might be a good thing to feed a few if you have.

Well, I found some dandelion leaves which were gobbled up appreciatively. I have seen two separate piles of poo (small amount)today, but they are still a bit on the small side. Also given some infacol and rushed out and bought some timothy hay, although she still hasn't been tempted by this! She is still eating well but doesn't seem to be pooing a lot for the amount she is tucking away??
I have now noticed a bit of a runny ceco late tonight. She is still bright and active, it is me who is having a nervous breakdown with worry!

xx

Back