• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

any tips would be great

mitsy

New Kit
hi
just wondered if any body has any ides on how to stop my bun digging up our lawn.
When he is in his run and he digs up the grass mainly in the corners, when he does this i clap my hands and say no, put something over the hole but he will just do it somewhere else. :(
i have started putting him on the patio now after i have said no a million times thinking perhaps he will learn the more he digs he will have to go on the patio(but to be honest i just feel mean ) :(
he has plenty of toys in his run to chew and play with to keep him amused.
i am running out of ideas any help would be great :D

woodstock said:
buns dig! you can't stop them doing it.

Give him a digging box to play in maybe? (to save your lawn)

Ditto!!

He is only doing what Bunnies do. Expecting a Bun not to dig is like having a dog and expecting him/her to never bark!

:D :D

Janex

I'd love to see my buns digging the garden for me, they are just trying to help.

Sorry, I would also suggest a tray filled with soil for them to dig in.

I must be lucky as none of my bunnies dig! :D the dirt tray is a good idea though :wink:

You could make them a sand pit!! They could make you sand castles :lol: apparently it's good for their fur too :?

I know its natural, but it drives me nuts too- its not my lawn

I wouldn't care so much if it was mine :lol:

bunny loves to dig. It's their nature. Remember in the anicent days, they used to live in caves, and they dig those tunnels on their own.

My 2 are professional diggers too, so I had to reluctantly put mesh under their run for when they are on the grass.

Yup, I've given up on that one too. Buns dig, some with more enthusiasm than others I have to say, and a slab or any other obstacle is simply seen as a challenge by my lot :roll:

Back