• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling happy

Veronica

Mama Doe
Just spent 4 hours cleaning the buns. I absolutely love it :D (does that sound sad?! :oops: :lol: ).....feeling exhausted and achy now :? :lol:

This morning...buns out on lawn (had to be moved because the rain started :roll: ).

Empty all hutches...soiled bedding into black binbags.....all litter trays empted, and stacked in one pile.

All toys collected into a bag.

All bowls collected into another bag.

All bottles into another bag!

Hutches scrubbed out with Virkon....left to dry.

In the meantime...I scrub out all bowls, bottles...and wooden bridges/houses etc.

Toys are left to soak..then scrubbed and left out to dry with the wooden objects.

Quickly nip out to cover runs..as more rain :roll:

By this time, hutches are dry...start refilling with newspaper lining/woodshavings/hay.

Refill bottles with fresh water.

Hutch blocks moved, and swept behind.

Floor swept, then washed down.

Then I've just spent quality chilled out time with my babies :D It's been absolutely lovely! :D
Taken some pics which I will post later :)

WOW what a busy day you have had, put your feet up and have a nice glass of wine now :p :love:

Spacegirl said:
It IS lovely seeing clean, cosy hutches ready for your buns to snuggle into for the night, isn't it? :D

Definitely! :D :D

You're not sad at all! I love cleaning their hutches then just sitting in the garden with my bunnies, really makes me happy :D

I like cleaning out the buns too, it's nice to sit back after your hard work and see a nice new clean hutch for your buns to go into. :D

I really like seeing them nice and clean too, but I must admit I am know where near as thorough as you Veronica :oops:

I love cleaning out my buns - they all have access to their runs from their hutches and they always want to help and inspect what I'm doing so it's quality time spent with them too

I love clean rabbit hutches such a satisfaction ... takes a bit longer when they insist on helping you! lol...
Mine kept dive bombing yesterday from the top floor into the bin bag full of the old stuff then running through the hutch and doing it again!

Back