• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty Smokie

I really dont know what to do with Smokie. They both go out during the day and come in last thing at night for their tea in their hutch, but Smokie has developed this annoying habit in the morning that I know must be annoying the neighbours. He starts scrapping at the wire and making a very loud noise. He did this a few years back but I solved it by putting clear numberplates on the bottom of the door, as he only did it right at the bottom. Now he has decided to stand on his back legs and do it again but higher!! obviously I can't cover the whole door of the hutch, but what can I do?? He has lots of toys and hay to keep him occupied, and goes out first thing in the morning, but he is naughty in the early hours!

would it be possible to screw a piece of perspex over the inside of the wire so he cant get to it (maybe just leave a gap for air flow) but remove it in the morning after he's let out, then replace at night. with a small gap at the top or something to let air in/out but not enough so he can get to it. maybe after he realises he cant do it you wont need it for a few weeks, til he realises he can again.

Back