• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my new hutch for Buzz

After a lot of planning and working out sizes, we finally managed to work out the optimal hutch size with the space we have for my little dwarf lop boy Buzz. we put him in last week and he loves it! just thought i would show you the final thing. this was as big as we could do without blocking out the window to the garage or coming above the perimiter fence (we like out neighbours so we dont want to exclude them) and it had to fit before the back door to the garage. final dimensions are 2ftx2ftx just under 6ft. theres perspex in the left door, which he loves peeking through, and there will be perspex over the wire door when it gets cooler. the hutch is normally full of hay, but he has eaten the bag full i put in this morning.
the hutch with the ramp to get in and out
PICT0058.jpg

the full extent of the hutch and ramp
PICT0059.jpg

close up of the bunny motif thingy (with thanks to dad for cutting it out, that door is 1 1/4" thick)
PICT0060.jpg

Buzz in with his toys
PICT0061.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

and the other side of the hutch
PICT0063.jpg

and best of all the Buzz man himself!
PICT0064.jpg

this is his "run". he is let out in the morning and is shut back up in the late evening (before dark) so he has almost all of the daylight hours free to run around. when it gets too cold to let him out (or too hot like this summer) he runs around the kitchen instead.
PICT0068.jpg

PICT0069.jpg

the black hutch at the end is his old one, 4ft x2ftx about 18" not in use, well worn and old but the felt etc is fine. if anyone wants an emergency hutch its free. it has been disinfected, pm me for more pics etc.

Wow they are stunning doggies. Our English setter Mac passed away a few weeks ago :( My mum and dad are getting a new puppy at in a couple of weeks. English setters are great!! :D

AlisonA said:
Lovely looking hutch, well done!

I have Buzz's female doppelganger:
7bb67358.jpg

i cant take all the credit, dad did most of the hutch.

that little harlequin bun is so cute! might have to sneak her away when ur not looking!

Back