• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stacks of hay!

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
My bunnies now only get hardly any pellets and have found a hay they like. They are eating absolutely huge amounts of it now, so I just wondered how much other bunnies eat.

Ooooh what one have they settled on Sarah? Knowing your lovely greedy buns I bet it's an expensive one!

I find it difficult to tell how much hay my buns are eating as they have constant access to grass and much prefer to graze on that. I believe a pile the size of the rabbit each day is supposed to be a good rule of thumb.

wow, only a pile the size of the rabbit, mine eats literally all i can give him. i had an 18L pack of hay and that was gone in a day. he still eats as much grass as he can aswell and his hard feed every day. hes about the right weight so it must just be right for him!

Yep, they have settled on the Bunny Basics second cut timothy, although I must admit I do try to mix some cheaper stuff in too! I reckon they are having about double their size a day, and they are big bunnies!

SarahP said:
Yep, they have settled on the Bunny Basics second cut timothy, although I must admit I do try to mix some cheaper stuff in too! I reckon they are having about double their size a day, and they are big bunnies!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
OMG there is no way alfiebun is eating a pile the size of her body! Maybe the size of her head but that's on a good day. She only gets a teaspoon of pellets and a pile of veg equivalent to a bunch of sainsbury's coriander :? so she can't be too full for hay. Eek!

Sorry didn't mean to hijack but you've got me worried. I buy the BB 2nd cut tim too

They didn't eat much hay at all before and weren't mad on the meadow stuff they were getting. Have cut them down to approx a dessert spoon full of pellets per day.

until I cut down their pellets to that level, they didn't touch the bunny basics stuff but preferred the meadow stuff. They just like to keep me on my toes!

Back