• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

small lump on storm's ear

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
My big man has a small hard lump on his ear :? it kind of feels like a spot or bite but is not red or inflamed :? any ideas what it could be?

Where abouts on his ear?
Could be a sebaceous cyst?
Any chance it might be an old wound from when he and Gypsy were fighting?

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Where abouts on his ear?
Could be a sebaceous cyst?
Any chance it might be an old wound from when he and Gypsy were fighting?

Janex

It's about an inch away from the tip of his ear ( he has long ears :lol: ) I was wondering if it could be from an old wound as he did get bitten a lot on his ears :cry: will it be painfull for him? and will the vet do anything for his ear? does it need tretment?

hi.one of my beautiful buns,lola,has a small lump on the outside of the ear.the hair is all tufty on top of it and apparetly it's an old wound from when she used to get 'beaten' up by her previous bunny family. :( anyway thats all in the past,she's a little princess now and it does'nt seem to cause her any discomfort.
hope your buns ok.x

mimi75 said:
hi.one of my beautiful buns,lola,has a small lump on the outside of the ear.the hair is all tufty on top of it and apparetly it's an old wound from when she used to get 'beaten' up by her previous bunny family. :( anyway thats all in the past,she's a little princess now and it does'nt seem to cause her any discomfort.
hope your buns ok.x
aww, Storms lump is on the outside of his ear too, the hair isn't tufty though. I'm glad your bunny, Lola isn't in any discomfort. Storm only seems bothered if I keep touching his ear, but he's a stropy man about his precious ears anyway :lol:

Can you try to see the skin around the lump. Does it look red?
Is the lump itself very hard or softish. Its probably just thickened scar tissue. But if you feel it is hurting him it may be infected in which case the Vet needs to take a look. I am sure Storm-the-thunder-Bun will be OK!!

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Can you try to see the skin around the lump. Does it look red?
Is the lump itself very hard or softish. Its probably just thickened scar tissue. But if you feel it is hurting him it may be infected in which case the Vet needs to take a look. I am sure Storm-the-thunder-Bun will be OK!!

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Storm the thunder-bun! :D he certainly is! :lol:
the lump doesn't look red in any way and feels hard :?

Sophie has these and they come and go :? :lol:

I used to use tee tree cream on them but it doesn't make any difference!!

They don't seem to bother her, so I just leave them :D

Could it be a tick which has just attached itself?

They are very small at first.

I hope Storms ear doesn't feel too bad for him. :D :D

Justine xx

loopylop said:

awwwww! I can't believe that princess sophie gets spotty bummy ears :shock: :lol: :lol:

Justine said:

Justine xx

eewwww! i hope not :shock: :shock: :shock: he hasn't been outside for a while ( he's a free range house bun) where would a tick come from?

sparklefairy said:
loopylop said:

awwwww! I can't believe that princess sophie gets spotty bummy ears :shock: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Shhh, don't tell her I told you though, she will be really embarassed!! :lol:

Sounds like storm has the same thing though, I'd just keep an eye out :D

sparklefairy said:
Justine said:

Justine xx

eewwww! i hope not :shock: :shock: :shock: he hasn't been outside for a while ( he's a free range house bun) where would a tick come from?

Ticks normally come from the grass I think. My cat gets them.

If Storm doesn't go outside then maybe it's not a tick. It was just a thought.

Do you pick grass for Storm to eat?

Justine xx

it feels really hard, i don't think it's a tick though. it's a little bump under the skin. it's not red or sore, just very strange.

Amy had one too and the vet said that was nothing to worry about either! I just assumed it was a bit of scar tissue, those long ears are prone to injuries :shock:

Back