• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HAY

Dobbin

Mama Doe
As some of you know i was having anightmare getting hay - it was costing me a fortune with the amount i was using - specially with the amount in Dobbins new home!! Anyway - thought i would try the farm very close to me - i figured they could only say no!! Anyway they said yes - £4 for a bale and they will kee it for me and i can go and get a bag full off it whenever i like - how good is that! For the amount of hay it would of cost me well over £15 from where i was buying it from before!!! I am a very happy bunny mommy!

Sue
xx

WOW thats great news. I buy a bale locally for £3.50 but I have to store it, what a nice friendly farmer :p :p :p

I pay £3 for mine for the horses, and just take a bag full home every now and again.. Mia isn't really a hay eater but I make sure there is some there incase she feels like it.

I'm going to try the new herbage as Colin will eat it if she doesn't as he is demolishing my normal hay :lol:

My bf suggested gettin sum frm a farm instead of buyin bags all the time (we know sum1 who has a farm so poss he may have sum) but I was worried it wouldn't have dust extracted or whatever so thought Id be safer stickin to pet shops...not sure now tho..... :?

horse hay is usually a good quality, I pay £2.50 for a bale, and it lasts ages.

Plus i would not be happy with throwing away hay that they have decided to relieve themselves on, at the price it is in petshops! With this I don't mind at all.

Jx

Back