• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high/low should water bottles be???

johannapage

Warren Scout
Just moved Rosie to mum's house as im house sitting and she is using a dog cage as her 'base' ive put her water bottle on but its higher than on her cage and she is lifting her head up to drink, at home she tilts it to one side.

Is either doing damage to her neck/back at all?

Thanks as Im worried now

Mine have to reach up a bit to get to theirs, but it doesn't seem a problem. Radar's big enough, but Beany just stands on her back legs with her front paws on the bars looking cute :D

I often wonder about this and have been putting their 2 bottles at slightly different levels so they can pick the one they can drink from most comfortably themselves. :roll: It doesn't seem to bother them though. So probably just me being overly picky. :lol:

Would be interested to see if anyone can give a more scientific answer.

I put mine at mouth height :)
I think if they were too low, it could cause damage to their neck, I'm not positive but in other animals like large dogs for example, you have to get a stand for their food bowl to stop them hurting their neck. Could be similar? :?
I also think that if they were too high then they'd have to stretch, which sounds like hard work to my two! :lol:

No idea if you have different sized buns together though!

I try to put it at about their mouth, nothing lower. Sometimes when I'm in a rush though they do go a little higher, and thats OK because they just lift their chin a bit, or stand on eachother :)roll:)!!

Leah xx

Back