• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tina and Billy....new home?

Veronica

Mama Doe
I am putting out feelers to see if any one would be interested in offering my beautiful netherland dwarf sisters, Tina and Billy, a loving new home.

I have thought long and hard about this. Each day my decision changes. However, I though best to see if and what new home offers might be out there. I want to provide my beautiful girls the best.

Tina is a siamese smoke girl....2 yrs old, and Billy is her litter sister...a gorgeous marten smoke.

Cheeky, confident and outgoing natured...these two are very closely bonded...and are very people friendly too.

Extremely clean and tidy in their hutch. Would make excellent house buns, or outdoor buns. They love time in their run...so a hutch with attached run would make an excellent home for them too.

These two have the cheekiness characteristic that we all love in netherland dwarfs. No health problems, other than are a bit prone to weight gain...however have been on a diet...and have done very well! Now love their hay, and adore exercise! :D

If you think you can offer the perfect home for these two gorgeous girls, then please PM me.
A very reluctant rehoming :( However, I want to do the best by my buns, so the best home possible only for them please.

Tina..
Picture373.jpg

Billy...
Picture389.jpg

Can I post something a little controversial perhaps? I hope you are not offended...

Your rabbits have a great life, yes, perhaps not perfect (I don't know your circumstances), but still perfectly adequate from what I understand being very happy and better than most pet rabbits in this country. I know it would be fab if Tina and Billy had an even better home that was perhaps perfect.

But would that maybe not mean that two other bunnies that don't have a home at all will continue not to have a home at all, not just a slightly less than perfect home, but no home at all?

Yes, we all wish that our pets have a perfect life, but are they any less happier if they haven't as long as they have a good diet, adequate accomodation and exercise, vet care and an owner that loves them to bits? How many of us owners have the perfect life? I know I haven't...

If I am perfectly honest, my bunnies would perhaps have an even happier life somewhere else with a big garden to run around, with huge accomodation etc. What I can offer them is definitely not perfect. Instead they have to make do with indoor accomodation, which is bigger than average, but not as big as I would really like it to be. But is this not better than no home, than an owner that doesn't care, than bunnies that don't get adequate health and vet care, than a small dirty hutch, than no exercise at all?

Perhaps, taking these things into consideration, think about rehoming again. You are already not sure about it... if your bunnies are happy and healthy as they are and you can continue that level of care for them, then I don't see the need to rehome! :D

Again, I hope I don't offend with this post. It's just something that I often think about, often with dogs when owners rehome because they can't give their dogs quite as much time anymore for example eventhough the dog is still perfectly happy. Rehoming a happy and healthy animal for no other reason than finding an even more perfect home is great for that particular animal, but is it as a consequence not just taking up a home that could have been given to a pet that is homeless or even at risk of being put to sleep and would be more than happy with a slightly less than perfect home... :(

I completely agree with your post. You have very valid points, there is no arguing with that, and very well put and outlined.

It is this quote from your post, that is the reason for my looking for new homes for my babies...

"if your bunnies are happy and healthy as they are and you can continue that level of care for them, then I don't see the need to rehome!"

Lurchergirl - I think you have to do a bit a bit more research. Veronica isn't rehoming her buns because she thinks they need a happier life. She has serious medical issues which prevent her from caring for he buns effectively and will not be able to care for them very well at all in the future.

Veronica is doing this for the health and happiness of her buns although it kills her to do it. I would read her earlier post regarding why she has to give up her buns in the first place.

Shiv

ShivyRex said:
Lurchergirl - I think you have to do a bit a bit more research. Veronica isn't rehoming her buns because she thinks they need a happier life. She has serious medical issues which prevent her from caring for he buns effectively and will not be able to care for them very well at all in the future.

Veronica is doing this for the health and happiness of her buns although it kills her to do it. I would read her earlier post regarding why she has to give up her buns in the first place.

Shiv

So far I have managed to the best of my abilities to care for my babies to the standard that they have been.....mostly to my own detroment.
I am sadly now having pressure from medical, and family to re-assess my lifestyle regarding the buns in the long-term :(
I would never let my babies get to the stage whereas they have to live in dirt due to me being unable to clean them....unable to access outdoors, due to me being unable to set up their runs and carry them out etc.
They deserve better, and so long term, I have to do the best for them...even though it breaks my heart :(

I do appreciate all comments...and you do have very valid points regarding general rehoming.

Veronica, you are in a very unenviable position and I think you are showing remarkable courage in ensuring your Buns continue to receive the standard of care they deserve. It must be heartbreaking for you. I look around at my Bunny Family and cannot imagin having to cope with rehoming them. Although some months back when my arthritis kicked off BIG TIME it was something I feared may happen. Thankfully my pain is under control and I feel able to care for my Buns.
I send you a big hug as I feel you need as much of our support as possible. I wish I were able to offer practicle help in the form of a home for your Buns but as you probably know I have....errrrmmmm.....rather a full warren just now!!

Very Best Wishes

Janex

So sorry you are having to re-home these 2 - the pics you have posted of them show how much you have already done to improve their health and well-being.

I hope you can find someone to take them who lives up to your expectations, who will continue your good work.

Good luck x

Oh no, not 2 more of your babies :cry: I am so sorry chick, you must be devastated :(

I'm sure they will find a perfect home soon enough as they are gorgeous.

This must be so hard for you, big hugs xxxx

Aww no, I'm so sorry you have to rehome these 2 gorgeous buns too! :( I've wanted a nethie for ages, it's such a shame I can't move into my new house yet! :( :( Hope these two both find brill homes. Sending hugs xx

I hope a lovely home is found for these two beauties Veronica. We are all here to support you in your very hard decisions

Back