• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

in trouble - need some urgentish advice! please....

I am in big fat trouble!!
my mum says if bunny ever started eating the new recliners she would have to go...
hmmm Snowflake has started eating the new recliners!! :cry:

I dont quite know what to do - I dont want to make her a permanent outdoor bunny, not while she hassnt quite got a boyfriend yet - he's definately coming next month.

The thing is I think shes been doing it, because its a place thats dark and she can hide and no one bothers her... which is understandable, cos unfortunately people do love and want to spend time with her...

She has all these toys and everything, but why do they always choose the nice furniture!!! grrrr...

Anyways I really just need advice on what would make a good place that she can hide in, that doesnt cost me the earth....

recliners have now been blocked off but I need somewherre for her to go...
Any ideas greatly received!! cos I am not going to lose my bunny.!

THANKYOU!!!

Large upturned cardboard boxes make good hidey holes for Bunsters. Buns can trash them and you can replace them by popping down to Tesco (other supermarkets are available :roll: :lol: ) and getting an empty one!!

Naughty Snowflake :no:

:roll: :roll:

Janex

how about a big cardboard Box , cut a whole in the front , bunny could get in and out and hide when ever it wanted to and if felt like chewwing it :roll: :roll: you can replace free from locail shop :lol: you could cover it with sticky plastic so it looks nice ,

is it possible to put a big throw over the recliner? tuck it in all the way round?

I've just had to protect two of our rugs but putting two fleecy throws over them! I don't care if the buns eat the fleece!

my bun ate the MIL's sofa while they were looking after her............oops

i have her a big sheilas wheels box from work lol - its bright pink and very girly so that way she can hide and destroy that instead of my furniture - she still manages to make sneaky nibbles on skirting boards though

I have found that an off cut of carpet rolled up into a tunnel works a treat!! secure it with duck tape and it lasts for months.

maybe you can make her a pen or get her a large crate for when you cant keep an eye on her. Lots of things to distract her might help as well

youngbunny2 said:
I have found that an off cut of carpet rolled up into a tunnel works a treat!! secure it with duck tape and it lasts for months.
Oo that's a good idea!

Also you can get a cheap basket from pounland or the like and turn it upside down and cut a hole in one side.

Thankyou for all your ideas - funnily enough the reclliners being blocked off doesnt seem to have bothered her in the slightest... because my mum blocked it off with a sofa seat cushion she hides behind that now - which suits us all...
Did the carddboard box thing and she just jumps on it to see outside the window! lol

Back