• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wire rabbit run

Hi, I haven't got that exact run, but one similar that they sell on the site attached to RR. The only thing I would say is that the size of the holes in the mesh allows for some serious biting if you have bunnies that can come into contact with the other side. I let my rabbits run free in the garden in turn and I stopped using this in favour of the smaller mesh as although they still tried to nip each other through the mesh they couldn't do any damage. Also if the buns are small or babies they try and squeeze through the holes. Personally, I would opt for something with smaller holes, say 1"x1", as by the sounds of it you have a few buns.

chloaster said:
Hi, I haven't got that exact run, but one similar that they sell on the site attached to RR. The only thing I would say is that the size of the holes in the mesh allows for some serious biting if you have bunnies that can come into contact with the other side. I let my rabbits run free in the garden in turn and I stopped using this in favour of the smaller mesh as although they still tried to nip each other through the mesh they couldn't do any damage. Also if the buns are small or babies they try and squeeze through the holes. Personally, I would opt for something with smaller holes, say 1"x1", as by the sounds of it you have a few buns.

The holes shouldn't be a problem as when the foster bun is in the run the others will be shut in their hutches. I don't trust them to go anywhere near the foster bun, they are little monsters! :lol:

woodstock said:
I have this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEL-BUNNY-OUT...hZ020QQcategoryZ63511QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
Which is bigger (i think)

My one the panels are all 2 foot by 2 foot, making a 4x 4 square enclosure.
The 6 panel one is probably a little small?

Oh - btw, buy something else from them to take you over 30 pound, and they do delivery for 4.95 which is cheaper than for the run itself! (6.95) (I have done this with this seller, so it works!)

I like that one but it doesn't have a net over the top. Do they ever jump out? I know my own rabbits would :?

have you thought about the wonder that is argos storage cubes?? :lol: (i'm obsessed!)

They are on offer at £7.99 for 24 panels, and you can make a run 2.5ft by 5ft with one pack. (that makes it about 2.5ft high which my young foster bunns can jump over, but my adult foster can't. Would reccomend two packs though- can add height and make it even bigger!

mandy said:
have you thought about the wonder that is argos storage cubes?? :lol: (i'm obsessed!)

They are on offer at £7.99 for 24 panels, and you can make a run 2.5ft by 5ft with one pack. (that makes it about 2.5ft high which my young foster bunns can jump over, but my adult foster can't. Would reccomend two packs though- can add height and make it even bigger!

would they be easy to move around the garden and put away when not in use?

Estelle said:
mandy said:

would they be easy to move around the garden and put away when not in use?

Yes, but I suppose if you made a massive one it may be a bit heavy :?. I use cable ties to hold the panels together and then fold it into a concertina shape to move/store. I use padlocks to hold the sides together, so I can get in easily without having to leap over (i use mine indoors to block off areas for them to play.)

Another top tip for the argos cubes - put them in the ground around the bottom of your fence - stops enthusiastic diggers! :D

Teddy and Bertie have a pen made out of those storage cubes, attached to their crate, I usually sit in there with them when they play... although Bertie jumped it the other night even with me sitting in it.

Was very funny but not when he got the wallpaper again :roll: :lol:

lynda_m said:
Teddy and Bertie have a pen made out of those storage cubes, attached to their crate, I usually sit in there with them when they play... although Bertie jumped it the other night even with me sitting in it.

Was very funny but not when he got the wallpaper again :roll: :lol:

:no: Naughty teddy and bertie!

I have the same set up for Audrey and although she can't jump it, when I let her out in the room she makes a dash for her favourite wallpaper chewing spot! Luckily we need to decorate that room.

You can buy netting like that in fish shops for covering ponds - a couple of clothes pegs would attach it. I'd definately go for a little bigger, I think that first one is only 4'x2' which isn't really any bigger than a hutch so seems a bit pointless as an exercise rea.

Tam

Tamsin said:
You can buy netting like that in fish shops for covering ponds - a couple of clothes pegs would attach it. I'd definately go for a little bigger, I think that first one is only 4'x2' which isn't really any bigger than a hutch so seems a bit pointless as an exercise rea.

Tam

good idea! Thanks :D

Estelle said:
woodstock said:
I have this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEL-BUNNY-OUT...hZ020QQcategoryZ63511QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
Which is bigger (i think)

My one the panels are all 2 foot by 2 foot, making a 4x 4 square enclosure.
The 6 panel one is probably a little small?

Oh - btw, buy something else from them to take you over 30 pound, and they do delivery for 4.95 which is cheaper than for the run itself! (6.95) (I have done this with this seller, so it works!)

I like that one but it doesn't have a net over the top. Do they ever jump out? I know my own rabbits would :?

I only put them out in that when i'm sat watching them in the garden. It makes a great indoor run, and despite egg being easily able to clear it if she wanted, she hasn't done it yet - i think it's because there is nothing on the other side IYSWIM.
I haven't done what Tamsin suggested, but that was my idea too - to pop to the habberdashers and make something up. Tbh, 4 foot by 4 foot isn't that big, so i'd defo go for the larger one. 2 by 4 is teeny

nicole said:
I cant find these storage cubes! What do they come under? Or does anyone have the code for them?

They're in the sales bit as they're discontinued, I think under the furniture section

Back