• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little lad Charlie, UPDATE back from the vets

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I took Charlie to the vets yesterday as since I got him I had noticed one of his front paws doesn't sit right (if you know what I mean) he keeps getting a pressure sore but this time it hasn't cleared up so we are trying him on baytril and metacam to see if it will clear it up but he may end up having two toes amputated as it is on the joint and at the moment the bone isn't coming through but it could quite possibly ulcerate and then that is when he would have to have the amputation.
HPIM034mumsbaby.jpg

Oh no! Poor Charlie :cry: Does it bother him at all? :?

I hope the meds work, give cheeky charlie a snuggle from us! He is fab! :lol:

Special cuddles from Noodle too xxx

Aww Poor Charlie!! He's soo cute he can always come live here as a house bun! !I'll do you a swap for Oakley!!

It does bother him at times. Sorry Phill as much as we love Oakley and we want her we can't swap as he is our little boy.

kayj said:
It does bother him at times. Sorry Phill as much as we love Oakley and we want her we can't swap as he is our little boy.

Aww Darn!! Ah well give Charlie a snuggle from me and tell him that we know caroline will make him all better

I will but if you see the state of my arm because we were at the vets and he didn't want to be weighed you wouldn't want to snuggle him, well you would cos he is a little love :D :D :D. Caroline thought it was highly amusing as we were walking up surgery with him in my arms and every so often she would hear ouch, ouch, (Charlie biting me) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwwww poor Charlie :(
It sounds exactly the same problem as my now at The Bridge French Lop Victoria Meldrew had. Her front legs were bowed due to calcium deficiency (poor diet and used as a breeding machine for 3 years, kept in small dark hutch..... :( ) so she took all her weight on the outer side of her front feet.

I hope things improve for Charlie

Janex

kayj said:
I will but if you see the state of my arm because we were at the vets and he didn't want to be weighed you wouldn't want to snuggle him, well you would cos he is a little love :D :D :D. Caroline thought it was highly amusing as we were walking up surgery with him in my arms and every so often she would hear ouch, ouch, (Charlie biting me) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen the state of Kay's arm - he gives big bites and scratches! He is gorgeous though. Angus (my son) has talked non stop about having a giant rabbit free range in the house since visiting Kays.

ps Kay - say hello to Paws from us too!

Charlie is off to see the Orthopedic Surgeon Vet on Monday to see what can be done as the antibiotics and metacam haven't made a difference :(

Kay,

I'm sorry - just read this, hope he is soon bouncing around again soon.

Jx

PS - many thanks for all your help earlier.

I don't know how, but I've only just seen this thread Kay. Hope it all goes well at the surgeons, sending lots of good vibes and fingers are crossed!

Charlie saw the surgeon last night. He wants to try and manage the pressure sores as if he had to amputate it wouldn't be just two toes he would have to amputate half the leg and he would rather use that as a last resort (me too). I have to bathe it 3 times a day and use a strong antibiotic cream to see if that helps if that doesn't help then they can put him under a GA and srape away at the sore. So I am hoping the cream will do the trick and if it does it will be a long term thing would rather this option.

Poor Charlie.....

I was thinking about him yesterdya, wondering how you where going on.

Fingers crossed the cream, and the bathing will work.

Jx

Back