• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Half moult?

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
Is it possible for rabbits to have "half" a moult? What with the weather being so hot for a few weeks my two both started moulting, but they seem to have given up on the idea :lol: . Daisy has chunks of hair that are shorter than the rest and scruffy bits that are longer and weird white bits mixed into her agouti, and Fidget has go faster stripes :lol: along her sides that I've been waiting AGES for her to moult out but neither of them are moulting anymore.

So, after that ramble :lol: my question is... can a rabbit start to moult, and then with a drastic temperature change, suddenly stop moulting before they have fully got rid of their old coat? Sounds a bit silly now I've said it, but that's what it looks like... :lol:

This is very common the weather plays an important part in moulting. I have the same problem with some of mine. Some people i know have had rabbits that moulted completley earlier in the warmer weather and have now started all over again :lol: . val

Back