PDA

View Full Version : I'm so worried i've hurt her

rabbitpoop
24-08-2006, 08:04 PM
i dont know if people have read the other posts about my two girls not being well after their spay. well i had to leave them at the vets this morning to be syringe fed as they wernt eating and was instructed to feed them at 7 and 9 oclock.

well I've just finished giving spot her first feed and it's 9. the vet advised us to place a towel around her so shecoldnt escape but she was biting me and scratching me and it took us so long, she just wouldnt have this around her. i feel so upset that with all the running and catching that i could have damaged her sutures :( surely all the grabbing and holding her still to feed her couldnt have been good for her and i have to do it again soon.

she seems ok now that we're leaving her alone and is chilling, but i just feel so angry and upset i couldnt handle her properly :( i dont want to stress her out even more by looking at her tummy. sorry ijust needed to let the frustration out.

on the plus side marilyn has perked right up and is eating hay. :D

bunnymadhouse
24-08-2006, 08:23 PM
dont feel bad .
actualy if shes fighting you its a good sign . at least she has energy to do it .

id give her a bit more chilling time then have another go .
a little is better than nothing .
if this happens to me i give bits more often .

keep tempting her and once she starts nibbling leave her to it .

dont feel bad

Angie

Rallybunny
25-08-2006, 07:05 PM
How're your bunnies today?

loopylop
25-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Aww, I hope they are better today.

I had the same thing with Sophie, she wouldn't let me check her wound at all, and I had to take her back to the vets after her spay as she wasn't eating etc and I worried that I had hurt her by picking her up to get her in the carrier - but she was fine :D

I hope they are ok - they are a worry :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dobbin
26-08-2006, 09:09 AM
i hope your buns are ok today

Sue
xx

rabbitpoop
27-08-2006, 06:45 PM
hi everyone, the buns are much better now. they no longer need to be fed as they are eatin on their own, thank god but just need to be given meds 2 times a day which is easier than syringe feeding them!

infact i havent seen spotty stop eating, she must be making up for lost time,or food! and now actually weighs more than her sister, but marilyn is doing fine too.

they really do make you worry dont they? thanks for all the concern, i hope everyone elses bunnies are doing well too :) xxx

AlisonA
27-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Yay! So glad they are both doing well now :D