• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What time do you feed your buns?

Jessica is still under 6 months so I leave food for her all the time.

But now we have the gorgeous Jasper, I try to limit this. They both have full run of the garden all day to eat the grass (and my once beautiful plants!) and have access to hay.

I tend to feed them at night before putting to bed - as they both have run of our 3 storey house and garden all day so its kinda hard to try to get them together at the same time every day to give them veggies without the other eating it all.

I'm just wondering that this is probs not very good as they've probs got lots of energy after eating and they get locked in the kitchen - albiet a big kitchen but thats their temporary night time place until I fox proof their hutch/run combo (a whole other thread as boyf and I were discussing foxes and I didn't realise how sneaky and agile they are and the run and hutch aren't secured to each other, so became very worried!).

So am I doing wrong and should I just feed them morning and night - Jessica is almost 6 months now, also where should I feed them to get used to a routine - in the garden?

As long as your not feeding extra food then you can spread it out over the day as much as you like :) Rabbit's are designed to spend a lot of time eating it's just with pellets you need to limit them otherwise it's like leaving kids in a room full of sweets ;)

Rabbit's are pretty adaptable when it comes to location. In fact if you want tohave some fun instead of putting it in one place spread it about and let them go looking. Rabbit's are foragers so it's a great way to keep them occupied!

Tam

They get fed anytime between 9 pm and 10pm during summer, around 9pm during the winter

Sometimes its earlier at the moment as they have normally been out since 6am

I feed my buns between 6 and 7pm. They generally eat all the veg straight away and then return to the dry mix whenever they feel like it.

Usually between 7:00pm and 9:00pm. I fill their bowl with veggies first, let them finish, and then come back later with their dry food.

Leah xx

Mine get veggies and a handful of pellets between 10-11am then again in the evening between 9-10pm... then during the day they are out muching on grass :D

I usually feed H & H twice a day - morning and night, and they hav hay all the time. The times really depends on my shift work - if I'm on an early they'll get breakfast at 7am then dinner about 7 or 8pm, if I'm on a late the night before it might be about 10 or 11 am before get breakfast (they appreciate mummy needs her long lies sumtimes :oops: ) then get dinner about 10 pm, I try to even it out tho, obv I wouldnt feed them at 7pm 1 night then make them wait til 11 am for breakfast. TBH as long as they have hay they're quite happy whenever get fed :)

Pellets and at around 5-6pm.
Deej often gets extra veg whenever I'm in the kitchen, or shares my apple at breakfast/lunch time too!

Mine get their pellets at about 6.15 am before I go to work and then have their veg at about 9.30 pm before I go to bed :D They know if I'm late with it as they'll come into the living room to bug me :lol: They do have unlimited hay all day too :wink:

Back