PDA

View Full Version : ,Grumpy Thumps..ABSESS ..updaTE WEDS

bunnymadhouse
24-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Grumpy Thumps is not well :( :(
noticed he wasnt himself last 2 days . Last night he had a wet chin and a snotty nose. Started him on baytrill and made vet appointment for teatime today .
This morning he has done some mucasy poos and he is just sat looking very miserable . :?
Flopsy keeps snuggling up to him and licking his face :)

realy hope it is only his teeth spurs again .

could do with some vibes please guys :?

Angie65
24-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Aww Poor Bun :(

missshell
24-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Sending lots of vibes for Thumper. Hope hes ok.Let us know how he gets on x

anon101
24-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Sending lots of healing vibes.

Louise

cannonwoman
24-08-2006, 10:31 AM
SEnding bucket loads of healing vibes for Mr Thumps.

Su.x

xEMMAx
24-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Awww :( Sending lots of healing vibes to him! xx

Jack's-Jane
24-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Oh come on Thumper, Uncle A says 'get yourself well NOW'!!

Sending mega healing vibes

Janex

sparklefairy
24-08-2006, 12:47 PM
awwww i hope he will be ok :cry: sending loads of healing vibes to thumper xxxxx

bunnymadhouse
24-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Just as i thought . grumpy Thumper has a huge spur on his back tooth again . Its just the one causing probs again and its due to it growing across his tongue instead of up . so no matter how much hay etc he eats it will never wear down .

So hes off for yet another dental in the morning . its only about 11 week since the last one.

my poor old man . 8 is such an old age to keep having a dental every 2 to 3 months .
i ll feel sick now untill i know hes ok . :cry:

Jack's-Jane
24-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Angie our two old boys are having a Dental tomorrow!!
Uncle A has been having problems eating today and we are off to see Christabel at 1000hrs tomorrow.
Lots of positive vibes heading Thumpers way.

Janex

bunnymadhouse
24-08-2006, 09:18 PM
fingers crossed for the two of them then .

im dreading tomorrow :?

bluelop
24-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Good luck with your lovely old buns tomorrow. Hope they are soon home safely with you both. Pam

bunnymadhouse
25-08-2006, 06:50 AM
thanks everyone .

will keep you all updated .

Angie

Jack's-Jane
25-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Will be thinking of you and Thumper today Angie.
Uncle A is going through the same..... :cry:

Janex

PS I have the Valium, can you get the Wine in..... :roll: :roll:

xx

bunnymadhouse
25-08-2006, 07:03 AM
PS I have the Valium, can you get the Wine in.....

cosider it done :thumb:
ooooh po just realised im childminding so wont be able to steady my nerves with alchohol till after 6.30 :shock: :? otherwise ill be charged with drunk in charge of children :roll:

Lind80
25-08-2006, 07:09 AM
I hope everything goes ok for Thumper today! I will have my fingers crossed for you!

cannonwoman
25-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Am sending loads of positive vibes Mr Thumps way and supportive hugs to you.

Su.x

bunnymadhouse
25-08-2006, 04:09 PM
HAVE HEARD FROM THE VETS THUMPER OK .
JUST GOING TO PICK HIM UP ....VET WANTS A QUICK WORD :? :?

bunnymadhouse
25-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Thumper has recovered from his dental ok but we have had some bad news .
It seems Thumper has an abssess under his teeth . he has had this once before and it cleared up quite quickly with baytril .
This time though it seems much worse .

i thought there was more to it than a spur this time i just wish i could have been wrong .

i ve just put him back in with Flopsy (who has been lost without him all day)and she is washing him all over bless her . I think she must know that he feels ill poor lad .

I realy cant lose my grumpy old man now :cry:

healing vibes please :cry: :cry: :cry:

missshell
25-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh no. :( I hope Thumper is ok. Lots of vibes on the way x x

Jack's-Jane
25-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh Angie I am sorry to hear that Thumper's Abscess is back :(
Is your Vet going to treat him with Penicillin?
I know after losing Orlaith to Penicillin induced Enterotoxaemia you may be suprised I'd suggest this, but Orlaith was just very, very unlucky :(
As I understand it Dental Abscesses usually contain Bacteria that is resistant to Baytril. It is now thought to be better to treat with Penicillin.
I hope your Vet gave you some pain relief for Thumper too.
Sending lots of good vibes his way

Janex

bunnymadhouse
25-08-2006, 05:30 PM
i have metacam for him jane (always have it in and baytrill too )
vet didnt mention penecillin and it wasnt me who picked him up it was oh so couldnt mention it .
i will see how he goes first on baytril . back at vets on tuesday and then ill bring it up .
have you a link with some info i could perhaps print off

Angie

Jack's-Jane
25-08-2006, 06:22 PM
i have metacam for him jane (always have it in and baytrill too )
vet didnt mention penecillin and it wasnt me who picked him up it was oh so couldnt mention it .
i will see how he goes first on baytril . back at vets on tuesday and then ill bring it up .
have you a link with some info i could perhaps print off

Angie

Here's one to start with

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/rwf/articles/penicillin.htm

will see if I can find some more.

Janex

bunnymadhouse
25-08-2006, 08:07 PM
thanks jane :thumb:

Thumper is eating ok anyway :)

Jack's-Jane
25-08-2006, 08:20 PM
thanks jane :thumb:

Thumper is eating ok anyway :)

Good old chap!!
Keep that grub going in Thumper, s*d the abscess!!

Janex

elve
26-08-2006, 05:06 PM
aww - hope he's going to be OK :(

bunnymadhouse
29-08-2006, 10:13 AM
been back to the vets again today . his gums look much better . hardly any pus or inflamation at all .
ill keep up with baytril for at least another 10 days but looks like we might have avoided having to try anything else .

my miracle bun just keeps on going ....hes eating everything in sight bless him .

vet has warned me though that some of his teeth may fall out :shock: :? :?

Angie

Angie65
29-08-2006, 10:46 AM
been back to the vets again today . his gums look much better . hardly any pus or inflamation at all .
ill keep up with baytril for at least another 10 days but looks like we might have avoided having to try anything else .

my miracle bun just keeps on going ....hes eating everything in sight bless him .

vet has warned me though that some of his teeth may fall out :shock: :? :?

Angie

Awww. Glad the baytril's working. :D

missshell
29-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Aww good lad im pleased hes much better :D

sparklefairy
29-08-2006, 11:19 AM
awwww bless him, I'm so glad to hear he's doing ok, keep it up Thumper :D

bunnymadhouse
30-08-2006, 10:35 PM
WELL THUMPER IS DOING WELL .
HE IS EATING EVERYTHING I PUT INFRONT OF HIM ....UNLESS FLOPSY GETS TO IT FIRST THE GREEDY LITTLE MADAM :?
JUST NEED TO GET SOME WEIGHT BACK ON HIM NOW BEFORE THE WEATHER GETS COLDER .

I HAVE TO KEEP TAKING FLOPSY OUT OF THE HUTCH FOR 15 MIN INTERVALS THROUGH THE DAY AND GIVING HIM EXTRA FOOD :?

cannonwoman
31-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Sorry i`ve only just re-found this thread. Glad to hear that Thumper is doing so well. :thumb: :D

Su.x

Jack's-Jane
31-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Keep up the good work Thumper!!
I recommend two bowlfuls of Critical Care a day as an extra snack, keeps a bit of weight on us oldies.

You could also try a pint of Guiness I suppose :wink:

Uncle Albert
xx

rabswood
31-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Glad to hear Thumper is OK especially since he has found love again.

How can you tell if a bunn has spurs?

Mr Snow had spurs which he had removed while being neutered, obviously they could look in his mouth while he was asleep. What should I look for? I'm scared his spurs will come back, how will I know. Panic, panic, panic.

Rabswood

bunnymadhouse
31-08-2006, 10:09 PM
tHUMPER USUALY LOOKS...DIFFERENT . HE JUST DOESNT SEEM HIMSELF . USUALY GETS WEEPY EYES AND SOMETIMES A RUNNY NOSE . THE REAL TELLTALE SIGNS (THOUGH NOT FOOLPROOF) ARE WET CHIN COS OF DRIBBLING SALIVA , WET FRONT PAWS FROM WHEN HES WIPED HIS CHIN AND GOING OFF CERTAIN FOODS .

IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS YOUR VET(IF HE/SHE IS A GOOD ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOOK IN HIS MOUTH AND CHECK ALL HIS TEETH WHILE YOU HOLD HIM...WITHOUT ANY ANESTHETIC . :thumb:

HOPE THIS HELPS :D

AlisonA
31-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Glad Thumper is doing so well!

Rabs, the first visible signs of a bun with spurs is often things like any change in normal eating habits (including being picky about what they eat, suddenly going off something they love, or refusing to eat altogether) dribbling etc. My Heather had none of these symptoms but had 2 bouts of GI stasis in the space of 3 months. The vet looked in her mouth and said that she did have some sharp spikes so we thought that these were causing her pain and hence sending her into stasis.

Although the only way to get a proper look is under anaesthetic, it is possible for the vet to take a peek using one of those doo-dahs that they look in dogs and cats' ears with. Mine usually take a look at their 6 monthly myxi jabs - like I say it's not perfect but at least it can give some reassurance that things look ok or give an early warning that they need monitoring.

Goes without saying that a sudden loss of appetite should result in a vet visit ASAP but gradual changes to normal diet, or a lot of dribbling, are also often signs of overgrown teeth.

Dobbin
01-09-2006, 09:16 AM
hi

i hope your bun is ok

Sendong lots of happy healthly vibes

Sue
xx

rabswood
01-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for info, will watch Snow like a hawk :lol:

Hope Thumps continues to do well.

Rabswood