• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bad tummy

touie

Wise Old Thumper
fudge keeps getting a bad tummy so I obviously need to do something with his diet. Cut down ob fresh veg maybe? Is there some veg that is likely to cause diaorreah that I should avoid? :?

at the moment he has handfull of SS in the morning and evening, small bowl of veg evening and hay ad lib

Pro-biotic in the water and a hay only diet for a couple of days? Then reintroduce things a bit at a time to see what is causing the problem?

I can't give mine cauliflower as it gives Salt and Bobby wind :oops: but I can't think of anything that's given mine the runs :?

last night he had a mixture of kale, savoy cabbage and romaine lettuce, I wasn't sure if any of those could have caused the problem but he never has more than 3" x 3" of each anyway :?

Can I get the probiotic from a pet shop or vets only? actually I might have some in the cupboard left over from Amy will look

I don't give Rudy broccoli anymore and I don't give any of them Kale anymore either as it gave Sophie awful wind :? :oops: :oops:

I'd go back to basics and stick with pellets and hay and then introduce veg in again slowly so you can work out what it is!

I tend to stick to things like carrots, cauliflower, sweet pea's, baby corn, herbs, peppers and don't have any problems! :D

I just gave him some dandylion leaves and some carrot today as he seems to have been ok, so will have to see how he is tomorrow

Back